• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

I'm no lawyer, but it seems that, since the ACC is HQ in NC, any legal proceedings would fall under NC law. But maybe that needs to be clearly defined in the GOR? Also, couldn't the NC schools and NC legislature fight FSU/Florida and take it federal?

I'm no lawyer, but it seems that, since the ACC is HQ in NC, any legal proceedings would fall under NC law. But maybe that needs to be clearly defined in the GOR? Also, couldn't the NC schools and NC legislature fight FSU/Florida and take it federal?
Yeah, I'm wondering how this isn't a federal issue since it involves multiple parties in multiple states

Blow the whole thing up and realign. Oh wait, it's already happening........

Yeah, I'm wondering how this isn't a federal issue since it involves multiple parties in multiple states
Yea let’s take an issue impacting citizens of Florida to our completely ethical court system in an election year. That should go great.

This thing is going to end up at the supreme court... is there any possible way we can start inviting the Supreme Court Justices to the OgBoards.com luxury yacht?

If shit really does hit the fan, I'm seriously all for taking Saudi blood money, going independent like ND, and building a Deac empire (assuming teams will play us).

I honestly can no longer keep up with who is in which conference. With the Oregon and Washington moves, what do the conferences look like in 24/25?

But there is not choice of law provision, so it isn't NC. FSU will argue that they are bound by Florida law, and the state legislature will back them. The ACC can sue Federally but by the time anything happens the cat is out of the bag.

But there is not choice of law provision, so it isn't NC. FSU will argue that they are bound by Florida law, and the state legislature will back them. The ACC can sue Federally but by the time anything happens the cat is out of the bag.

Please notify us of the moment the cat is actually out of the bag.

I honestly can no longer keep up with who is in which conference. With the Oregon and Washington moves, what do the conferences look like in 24/25?

SEC - (16) - current SEC plus Texas and Oklahoma

Big Ten - (18) current plus UCLA, USC, Oregon, Washington

ACC 14/15- no changes

Big 12 - (14); Out - Texas/Oklahoma; IN - Houston, UCF, BYU, Cincy, Colorado, Arizona

PAC-12 (6) remaining: Stanford, Cal, Arizona St, Utah, Oregon St, Washington St

Also, just because FSU gets out of the GOR doesn't mean they'll be in a better position financially. UO and UW just proved that you're not guaranteed a full share by the B1G and there's no way to know if the SEC will even return their phone calls.

Still is the elephant in the room here. If it's as simple as a "gotcha", why play the game of just being loud and not just leave? Unless you know you're going to get tossed around like UW and OU

SEC - (16) - current SEC plus Texas and Oklahoma

Big Ten - (18) current plus UCLA, USC, Oregon, Washington

ACC 14/15- no changes

Big 12 - (14); Out - Texas/Oklahoma; IN - Houston, UCF, BYU, Cincy, Colorado, Arizona

PAC-12 (6) remaining: Stanford, Cal, Arizona St, Utah, Oregon St, Washington St
So ACC and PAC-6 should unite and be the first to 20! That'll show those fuckers!

You will find this interesting, the term actually arises from State Fairs when you could purchase a piglet in a sack, a pig in a poke. Famers would instead try and get one by on their customers by instead placing a cat in the poke, cats being cheaper. But when the customer opened the bag to inspect their purchase, the cat would be out of the bag and the gig would be up.

Currie and other ACC ADs should publicly agree with Bubba.

North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham responded to comments on the ACC’s revenue gap made Wednesday at a public Florida State Board of Trustees meeting by saying the Seminoles trustees’ “barking” was not good for the league.

“If they want to leave, that’s gonna be their choice, but there are certain obligations that they do have,” Cunningham said. “We have an exit fee and we have a grant of rights. I believe that the ACC is a great league. It’s been a great league for a long time. Their frustration about the money, everyone would like to have more money and everyone would like to win more. …

“What they want to do and how they want to go about doing their business, that is their business but it does have an impact on us. And quite frankly, I don’t think it’s good for our league for them to be out there barking like that, and I’d rather see them, you know, be a good member of the league and support the league. And if they have to make a decision then so be it. Pay for the exit fee, wait for your grant of rights that you’ve given, and then in 2036, when those rights return to you, do whatever you want.”

What does the Florida Legislature have to do with this? FSU could certainly sue the ACC and the other members in Florida State Court. That lawsuit would certainly be removed to Federal Court. A Federal Judge, not the Florida Legislature, will decide the disputed legal issues. One of those issues would be which state(s) laws apply.

What does the Florida Legislature have to do with this? FSU could certainly sue the ACC and the other members in Florida State Court. That lawsuit would certainly be removed to Federal Court. A Federal Judge, not the Florida Legislature, will decide the disputed legal issues. One of those issues would be which state(s) laws apply.

I dare you to go on Twitter (X) and post that on that thread.

Back