• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

All of this bullshit about not caring about rankings from people who would lose their minds if WF dropped out of the US News top 30 and compulsively tout WF academics compared to other P5 schools. Lmao.

I mean it's not like ND weaseled their way into having a full vote. The other university presidents agreed to the terms. And while football is obviously driving realignment adding universities to the conference impacts 23 of their 24 teams.

ND might not be a full football member, but their wagon is hitched to ours right now and their playoff chances go way down if they have to play 5 games from a pool of BC, Duke, GT, Cuse, Louisville, VT, and Wake every year (plus some randos like JMU and Rice cobbled into some zombie conference). I trust them way more to make a decision in the best interest of the conference than FSU at this point.

BC has basically given up at being competitive in any sport except for hockey and they get a full vote.
ND was given a full vote just like Manning was given a $15 mill extension by Well-Man.
Just because…….

UNC, FSU, Clemson and UVA blocked the expansion. And ND. It’s probably a good thing. The ACC needs to have schools remotely close to the Atlantic coast. Swofford and all of the ACC schools signed the ESPN TV Deal and GOR. Nobody to blame but themselves. Blaming WF, BC and Duke for their woes is beyond weak. FSU will never be a consistent top 10 football program again because of the emergence of several other programs in Florida. They can’t get all of the state’s 5 stars anymore. Let them pay the money and go to nowhere.

I was going to say the same thing. Danny Manning has made many, many times the amount of money Steve Forbes has made. And as we all know, money is literally the only measuring stick of success and self worth. Therefore Danny Manning is unquestionably a WINNER.
31 points & 18 rebounds in 1988 title game does say Danny Manny at least was a winner once. (also a natty ring as an assistant for Kansas on 2008 team)

ND was given a full vote just like Manning was given a $15 mill extension by Well-Man.
Just because…….
I think it was actually written into Manning’s contract. We just found the real reason he got his extension.

Back