• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

images

Obligatory.

Now it kinda looks like the bastard child of SMU and UVA.

when I saw that picture , counted 14 mascots and then realized that Osceola was missing, I might have audibly gasped. But then I laughed because of course FSU would be petty little bitches and not send their mascot. This has nothing to do with the weather. Edit: I see now that they sent a cheerleader but I pretty much still stand by what I said.
Does the ACC really want a picture with a Seminole Chief in it? Even if the Seminole tribe sold themselves out to be ok with FSU using it?

Damn turkey hogging the spotlight and blocking the Deacon!

west of the eye. easy street.
That's what Fort Myers said last year the day before Ian hit when I was holed up in the National Guard armory in Bradenton waiting. At any rate, campus is closed the rest of the week along with most everything else in the state so, not shocking that a picture isn't a huge priority this week.

I've heard of people going to theaters for pro wrestling PPVs and had a great time.

But I think I'd rather watch live or at home.

the Grateful Dead do Meet Up at the Movies every year. Guess we could do Get Your Deac On at the Movies.

I could see the appeal of watching a playoff game or big ranked matchup on a huge screen. Definitely would never be able to conduct myself appropriately to watch a Wake game in that setting though.

Well, I would say that it matters not at all in some important ways and matters a great deal in other important ways. As far as sports go, sadly it does not appear to matter at all anymore. But being closely associated with STanford,Cal,Duke UVA, Ga Tech, BC is a huge win for Wake Forest the university (I left out UNC on purpose :D).

Yes. If we get left behind in the Football End Game, we will likely lose our Top 30 academic ranking... but not if we're in a Tier 2 sports conference of Tier 1 academic institutions.

Back