• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Sapakoff is a huge Clemson homer and is a sportswriter (term used loosely) for the Charleston SC Post & Courier.

After Wake beat Clemson in basketball during either the '99 or '00 season in WS, he wrote an article that more closely resembled a 13 year old girl pitching a temper tantrum claiming that Wake should be booted from the ACC.

He was roasted and rightfully so as he's a clown. And anyone who believes him to be "trustworthy" source (cough deacdixieboy cough) is an even bigger clown.

Sapakoff is a huge Clemson homer and is a sportswriter (term used loosely) for the Charleston SC Post & Courier.

After Wake beat Clemson in basketball during either the '99 or '00 season in WS, he wrote an article that more closely resembled a 13 year old girl pitching a temper tantrum claiming that Wake should be booted from the ACC.

He was roasted and rightfully so as he's a clown. And anyone who believes him to be "trustworthy" source (cough deacdixieboy cough) is an even bigger clown.
Didn't he have a meltdown because we had Pepsi at LJVM and he wanted Coke?

my twitter timeline is full of clemson folks who are convinced this is true. They are already predicting how they will do in the SEC. I 1000% don't believe it but they sure do.

I’m sorry I was in middle school when that came out. But this is still an article in a real newspaper rather than some rando on twitter. I know nothing about this person.

Last edited:

Sapakoff has been an embarrassment in the Charleston market for many years. As mentioned earlier he often felt Wake should be tossed out of the ACC and wrote about it on numerous occasions. His employer the Post Courier use to be a mainstay for news in the Lowcountry. No longer. As we are all aware, daily newspapers are like the horse and buggy and disappearing. The P&C is no exception.

Sapakoff has been an embarrassment in the Charleston market for many years. As mentioned earlier he often felt Wake should be tossed out of the ACC and wrote about it on numerous occasions. His employer the Post Courier use to be a mainstay for news in the Lowcountry. No longer. As we are all aware, daily newspapers are like the horse and buggy and disappearing. The P&C is no exception.
Don’t know your info, but the P&C remains the primary carrier of news in all of SC. You are right about Sapakoff.

Don’t know your info, but the P&C remains the primary carrier of news in all of SC. You are right about Sapakoff.
Left the East Cooper area last year after 42 years. Seen many changes. The P&C once owned several smaller newspapers across N.C. & S.C. and several TV stations. I believe they no longer own the TV stations but still own smaller local newspapers in S.C. only. I recently learned they cashed in and sold their headquarters on the peninsula in the last year or so. I use to know several of the P&C owners, the Manigault family are well known in Charleston.

I'm sure the top legal minds at Clempson have figured out the GOR when no one at any of the other member schools could solve the puzzle.
They sure have. They get dem der pitchforks out of the barn and poked that mean old Grant o' Rights right where it says the bad language. Problem solved!

He's probably just now hearing the unfounded rumor from last week.

Do we know for certain that the SEC even wants any of these schools? I mean I'd think Clemson is a pretty solid get and draw but it doesn't necessarily add anything shorter term that they don't already have.

Do we know for certain that the SEC even wants any of these schools? I mean I'd think Clemson is a pretty solid get and draw but it doesn't necessarily add anything shorter term that they don't already have.
I don’t know why they’d want Clemson.

The SEC doesn't want Clemson, but the SEC may want to either destroy or cripple the ACC so that they would get more CFP slots when it grows to 12.

Other than Miami, the ACC didn't want any of the other Big East teams in the 2000s, but the ACC stood to benefit by taking the Big East out as a viable football conference. So, the ACC destroyed the Big East.

Back