• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

I don’t see UNC ever leaving the ACC. They are the top dog and would not have nearly the influence in any other league that they have in the ACC. Plus I don’t think they would be allowed to leave without NCSU and wouldn’t want to leave Duke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nor Wake, hopefully.

This. Again, their best bet is the ACC agrees to negotiate which I don't know why they would. FSU isn't winning this lawsuit on the merits. The whole thing is absurd, and no offense to Stoneville, to cap it all off one of the most idiotic fanbases in the country is just running rampant on social media showing their ass to the world. I hope Georgia absolutely wipes the floor with their ass and the SEC and Big 10 tell them to fuck right off
This will be the first time in my life that I’ve rooted for an SEC team against an ACC team.

Last edited:
I’m just excited for every other school in the conference to bombard FSU with the “ACC” chant whenever they beat FSU in any sport from this point forward.
It’s definitely warranted. I’m just wondering why on a national level they are getting destroyed so bad when they are so far behind teams wanting to leave a conference for more money. Just don’t remember same hate toward TAMU, OK,TX, MD, Oregon, Washington, UCLA, USC, Missouri. The only difference I see is due to the awful
Hire of Stan Wilcox as AD.

It’s definitely warranted. I’m just wondering why on a national level they are getting destroyed so bad when they are so far behind teams wanting to leave a conference for more money. Just don’t remember same hate toward TAMU, OK,TX, MD, Oregon, Washington, UCLA, USC, Missouri. The only difference I see is due to the awful
I hate Maryland more than FSU. So far. And I don't like any of those schools on principle.

nm

sorry for the old man post, but can someone tell me what’s going on? i tried to parse through this thread but there are 418 pages and it’s seven years old.

Shitting on where someone got a degree always strikes as incredibly childish and stupid. I don’t care where he got his PhD from. The man put in the work and earned it. Don’t be a petty asshat
I wasn't "shitting" on the University of Tennessee-it's no better or worse than a lot of universities with much fancier reputations. I was making fun of someone who insists on referring to himself with "PhD" attached to his name.

PhD.jpg

I was also making fun of his doctorate in education. It's the easiest degree in the world to obtain and all you have to do is "put in the [minimal] work" and time to "earn it." The staff at most modern American universities is overflowing with people bureaucrats with doctorates in education. Phillips strikes me as a typical academic bureaucrat.

Really? I’d take Maryland back in a heartbeat.
I would take them back too, though I would grit my teeth over it.

But you just got to the reason why I hate them worse. If FSU doesn't destroy the ACC in thrashing its way out, and pays up, I won't care that they're gone and would not "invite them back in a heartbeat."

If Maryland had never left, there wouldn't be any UNC/UVA leaving talk.

(If UNC leaves, they will go permanently to the top of the hate pile, I don't care what any other school does ever.)

Those schools didn’t flip everyone off while leaving their conferences

Back