• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Realignment Thread: New B1G divisions

It is not cheap to travel with a football team. I hate to break that to you.

Traveling for a week for a bowl game is like half a million dollars, and thats an expanded roster. Losing a home game is like $2-3mm of lost revenue.

This will amuse some of you....

The Big Ten 2016/2017 schedule rotations were just released since they had some stuff to iron out because of moving to a 9-game schedule. This is what happens when you schedule aggressively then move to a new conference then lose an OOC game. It's wonderful and scary at the same time.

@ UCF
@ Texas
West Virginia
----
@ Minnesota
@ Wisconsin
@ Ohio State
@ Michigan State
@ Rutgers
Penn State
Michigan
Indiana
Northwestern

I know we're still several years out, but how many wins can Maryland realistically get with this schedule? Yikes.

Why do we keep revisiting this? Md's gone. So what? I wish they hadn't made the decision they did, but the conference is now better off than it was before they announced for the B1G.

It's well past time to just move on.

I know we're still several years out, but how many wins can Maryland realistically get with this schedule? Yikes.

10 :noidea:

The seniors that year haven't even signed yet. And we already know the schedule. So that's nice.

That is such a stupid response. The profit loss from losing a home game is so much more than the relatively small increase in the travel budget.

I'm sure this is the point where you respond with something equally dumb though.

You should ask Mizzou and WVU about travel expenses. they are much higher than they expected.

You should ask Mizzou and WVU about travel expenses. they are much higher than they expected.

In 2013 our furthest trip will be Talahassee, ~725 miles. In 2014 our furthest trip will be Madison, ~700 miles. I think the average increase when the conference schedules are compared is ~200 miles IIRC....it's buried somewhere in this thread.

West Virginia's closest road trip is Ames, 850 miles. So West Virginia is an idiot, no shocker there. I have zero idea about Missouri.

But doesn't matter, got a hefty travel subsidy anyway!

tumblr_mlow55xMFE1qdlh1io1_250.gif

In 2013 our furthest trip will be Talahassee, ~725 miles. In 2014 our furthest trip will be Madison, ~700 miles. I think the average increase when the conference schedules are compared is ~200 miles IIRC....it's buried somewhere in this thread.

West Virginia's closest road trip is Ames, 850 miles. So West Virginia is an idiot, no shocker there. I have zero idea about Missouri.

But doesn't matter, got a hefty travel subsidy anyway!

tumblr_mlow55xMFE1qdlh1io1_250.gif

According to Google, the distance between College Park and Madison is almost 900 miles. Not sure where you got the 700 number from?

According to Google, the distance between College Park and Madison is almost 900 miles. Not sure where you got the 700 number from?

I'm going to assume they are not driving to Madison.

That's an interesting thread. Don't see it happening, though. Seems like UConn is a much better choice for the ACC than Temple.

Having said that, I had no idea that Temple has almost 40,000 students. I thought they were waaay smaller than that. How come they have no fans?

That's an interesting thread. Don't see it happening, though. Seems like UConn is a much better choice for the ACC than Temple.

Having said that, I had no idea that Temple has almost 40,000 students. I thought they were waaay smaller than that. How come they have no fans?

There is a large percentage of their students that are commuters or live at homers. They draw for basketball from on campus students because the stadium is on campus. The play football down at the Linc, which is either a 25/30 minute drive or 40 minute subway commute.

Because they have generally sucked for a long, long, long time.

I friend of mine attended Temple for a couple of years before transferring. While he was there his weed connection was the starting center for the bball team.

Why do we keep revisiting this? Md's gone. So what? I wish they hadn't made the decision they did, but the conference is now better off than it was before they announced for the B1G.

It's well past time to just move on.

Because JDawg won't shut the fuck up about Maryland.

Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Maryland Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps Terps

Because JDawg won't shut the fuck up about Maryland.

I originally posted it to show a side effect of realignment, it could've been any team, and provide an opportunity to laugh (OMG 2 WINS MAX). For some reason that wasn't the route you guys wanted to take. And by the way, I hadn't posted in this thread about Maryland since March.

Their last two football HCs are now in the ACC. The 5th largest media market. Maybe Cincinnati will come along too to balance it out. BC is still pissed at UCONN for busting their balls when they left the Big East.

Back