• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Realignment Thread: New B1G divisions

Reports are out now that Memphis is about to join the Big East in all sports beginning in 2013.

I was just going by what the Clemson folks are saying. I don't think they will control ACC expansion but they can certainly leave if another conference was to invite them.

Yeah the rumor isn't that the committee was formed to help the ACC with expansion, but rather to explore opportunities for expansion out of the ACC.......I think it's just a rumor though. Pretty sure the committee is focusing on training tables, certain strength and conditioning programs and that kind of stuff.....

Reports are out now that Memphis is about to join the Big East in all sports beginning in 2013.

It is official. USF, Louisville, and Cincinnati have rejoined Conference USA.

Oh man...

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Subject: SEC isn't done expanding...if market is a concern, we deliver all of NC...
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Posted by: Harry Callahan on Wed Feb 8 2012 12:47:53 AM [/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
and tidewater VA. I have said time and again that in many ways
we "fit the profile" of most schools already in their conference!

Could just be a HUGE pipe-dream, I know but stranger things have
happened...like San Diego State and Houston to the Big East!
[/FONT]

Oh man...

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Subject: SEC isn't done expanding...if market is a concern, we deliver all of NC...
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Posted by: Harry Callahan on Wed Feb 8 2012 12:47:53 AM [/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]

[/FONT]

Bah, I wouldn't worry about it. We all know Alabama is too scared to play ECU every year.

Oh man...

[/FONT]

It's just amazing how capable of self-delusion people are. . .Wow. . .

That same publication and their sources underestimated how much the ACC would get at the last tv negotiations in 2010.

LINK

I really really hope they are underestimating again.....15 million a year would just crush our (acc) chances to compete.....

Andy Katz @ESPNAndyKatz

CUSA releases statement about Memphis departure and claims Big East says it's done with future membership (done with CUSA or done? Temple?)

C-USA has reached out to Temple on taking Memphis' spot and WVU and Big East are close to reaching a settlement around $20 million.

I'd like to see some numbers but how long will it take WVU to recoup their money they are paying to the Big East (and FSU) for leaving the Big East? I don't think they get full revenue sharing in the Big XII for at least 2 or 3 years.

Clemson AD Shoots Down Big 12 Rumors
February 9, 2012 | 6:14 PM
Comments: 0
David Hood Tigernet.com
Read the source article

TigerNet: There are a lot of rumors concerning a Clemson move to the Big 12…

TDP: There is no substance to that. None. The Big 12 has a committee formed – I guess you would call it an expansion committee – to look at the future of the Big 12 Conference. I would suspect without knowing that part of the charge of that particular committee would be to look at continual expansion because they are no longer the Big 12. They have lost their championship game and so I would suspect they are looking at it. But in regard to Clemson or Florida St. – of course I can't speak for Florida St. but I do have a pretty good feel for that part of the country – but I don’t feel like they have talked with anyone or visited with anyone and I can say for sure with Clemson there is no substance to that.

TigerNet: So no one from the Big 12 has contacted Clemson?

TDP: No.

TigerNet: What would go into the decision to switch conferences?

TDP: That is an interesting question. First of all let me say this – over the years if Clemson wanted to switch conferences and it was such a burning issue, they’ve had over 50-something years to do that.

Link

Link for the source article

Last edited:
^ That just means Clemson will announce their departure tomorrow. LOL

The Tigers ain't leaving the ACC.

Back