• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congratulations, Jeff [Redacted]!

It's amusing how pissed off the most ardent BzzzzInners get because others don't share their delusion.

At what point will the Bzzinners let us blame [Redacted] for the poor personnel?

On the upside, he's got one more year to get this turned around before he's sent packing IMO. If he gets it turned around, great. If not, he gone.

At what point will the Bzzinners let us blame [Redacted] for the poor personnel?

On the upside, he's got one more year to get this turned around before he's sent packing IMO. If he gets it turned around, great. If not, he gone.

I don't think there's any question that next year's freshmen are absolutely crucial for coach [Redacted]. The infusion of more talent (at least a full complement of scholarship players) will give Bz a chance to demonstrate his coaching abilities or the lack thereof.
Do you feel that it's fair to evaluate him for the poor personnel after only one recruiting class?

I don't think there's any question that next year's freshmen are absolutely crucial for coach [Redacted]. The infusion of more talent (at least a full complement of scholarship players) will give Bz a chance to demonstrate his coaching abilities or the lack thereof.
Do you feel that it's fair to evaluate him for the poor personnel after only one recruiting class?

Next year Coach [Redacted] has a built in "youth" excuse. I see no end in sight to this long WFU nightmare.

Yes. Other coaches have done a better job of upgrading the talent level in their program in 1 class. Coach [Redacted] has maybe 1 player out of 3 capable of being a contributor on even a middling ACC team. That's not acceptable.

Next year Coach [Redacted] has a built in "youth" excuse. I see no end in sight to this long WFU nightmare.

I don't think that youth excuse will fly if there's no visible improvement in talent and performance. We'll obviously see a lot of playing time for the freshmen and it should be evident early on what we could expect for the rest of the season.

Yes. Other coaches have done a better job of upgrading the talent level in their program in 1 class. Coach [Redacted] has maybe 1 player out of 3 capable of being a contributor on even a middling ACC team. That's not acceptable.

Hard to disagree, but I do think that we could have seen more growth and potential from Greene if he hadn't been hit with whatever physical ailments he had to deal with this season. I have to believe we will see more that 33 percent of this next recruiting class contributing in a big way next season.
If not, I don't see Bz surviving past next season.

So I guess next year is when we can all blame [Redacted]. I don't see enough talent coming in next year to make an immediate impact.

I think it would have been fair to evaluate him before he was hired but that didn't happen. He should never have been hired. He should have been canned during the season last year. He should have been canned at the end of last year. He and Wellman should be canned now!

BTW - Buzz has already had a career in which he demonstrated "his coaching abilities or lack thereof."

I think it would have been fair to evaluate him before he was hired but that didn't happen. He should never have been hired. He should have been canned during the season last year. He should have been canned at the end of last year. He and Wellman should be canned now!

BTW - Buzz has already had a career in which he demonstrated "his coaching abilities or lack thereof."

Then bash away at Ron Wellman for the hire. I see you say both should be canned now but it seems that RW gets much, much less criticism than coach Bz. How many here would turn down a job that is certainly a promotion if offered? Seems the blame should be laid at the feet of RW for a less than thorough evaluation before offering the job.

Wellman doesn't get any criticism? What board are you reading?

Then bash away at Ron Wellman for the hire. I see you say both should be canned now but it seems that RW gets much, much less criticism than coach Bz. How many here would turn down a job that is certainly a promotion if offered? Seems the blame should be laid at the feet of RW for a less than thorough evaluation before offering the job.

I don't blame [Redacted] for taking the job, his reasons were his own. And no one is arguing that he should have accepted the job, they're arguing that he should be fired.

the real question is: how many wins does Jeff need next year to keep his job?

Would Wellman fire him if we are 5-11 (15-15) next year? I doubt it.

the real question is: how many wins does Jeff need next year to keep his job?

It's not a valid question because it assumes that he will be the coach next year. I will not make that assumption and will not accept that such an unfortunate event could occur...

BuzzOut - till he's gone.

Wellman doesn't get any criticism? What board are you reading?

No, I didn't say that Wellman didn't get any criticism. Look back. Just that the percentage leveled at Bz is so much greater than what's leveled at RW. I know that Bz is a more visible target but ultimately it was RW's decision that put the program in this position.

Back