• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congress may stick country with Obamacare, opt out themselves due to high cost

When asked about the high-level bipartisan talks, Michael Steel, a Boehner spokesman, said: “The speaker’s objective is to spare the entire country from the ravages of the president’s health care law. He is approached daily by American citizens, including members of Congress and staff, who want to be freed from its mandates. If the speaker has the opportunity to save anyone from Obamacare, he will.”

Well that's definitely helping move the intelligent, adult dialogue along

This law is going to be a disaster. Poorly conceived, poorly written, poorly explained, poorly sold, poorly passed and now poorly implemented. This is like a slow moving massive train wreck.

The poor and uninsured will start voting Republican in hordes to show their thanks for saving them from the burdens of medical insurance and care. YAY!!!

I don't understand why democratic congress members are opting out. If it is a well conceived plan why wouldn't they choose it?

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan."

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan."

You do realize how restrictive this rule was. Its a huge myth. The majoroty of people wont be able to "keep their plan". Its a sham.

For example, if you dropped a rider on your plan, you cant keep it in 2014.
Or if your company offered a dental plan and dropped it, you cant keep your plan.
Or if you changed a copay, you cant keep your plan.
Or if you changed a deductible, you cant keep your plan.

I just read both back-to-back.

I'm gonna believe Politico did more fact checking than Mr. Klein of WaPo. He's simply trying to throw some water on the fire.

lol

"I'm gonna believe the one that fits my world view because I want to keep bashing the Democrats and Obama"

I just read both back-to-back.

I'm gonna believe Politico did more fact checking than Mr. Klein of WaPo. He's simply trying to throw some water on the fire.

except that Klein's piece contains a lot more facts while the politico piece contains nothing but rumor and innuendo? I guess that absolves politico since there weren't really any facts to check.

except that Klein's piece contains a lot more facts while the politico piece contains nothing but rumor and innuendo? I guess that absolves politico since there weren't really any facts to check.

Hmm. That's odd. They quoted the same people, but the spin is different, as you would expect. Did we read the same articles?

Haha looks who's talking.

look_whos_talking.jpg

Hmm. That's odd. They quoted the same people, but the spin is different, as you would expect. Did we read the same articles?

Maybe not. I read two articles. One had a bunch of rumors about "exempting Congress from Obamacare" and why that was going to be a political firestorm, while the other carefully analyzed the specific language of the section of the statute in question and explained why it was a problem and what was being done about it. Which ones did you read?

You do realize how restrictive this rule was. Its a huge myth. The majoroty of people wont be able to "keep their plan". Its a sham.

For example, if you dropped a rider on your plan, you cant keep it in 2014.
Or if your company offered a dental plan and dropped it, you cant keep your plan.
Or if you changed a copay, you cant keep your plan.
Or if you changed a deductible, you cant keep your plan.

I was being sarcastic.

Back