• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

He helped put his team in the national championship game nailing a halftime kick that Clawson whould have knelt out at the 47 instead of taking the shot to getinto 55-year FG range.

Keep arguing for a guy with two kicks over 39 yards this year who cost us multiple touchdowns and huge field position swings like it doesn't matter. Maybe Clawson will give him a shot someday.

wait, Rodrigo got Georgia into the championship game this season ?!

He helped put his team in the national championship game nailing a halftime kick that Clawson whould have knelt out at the 47 instead of taking the shot to getinto 55-year FG range.

Keep arguing for a guy with two kicks over 39 yards this year who cost us multiple touchdowns and huge field position swings like it doesn't matter. Maybe Clawson will give him a shot someday.

Look, I guess UGA deserves some credit for playing a guy clearly on the spectrum:

91.jpg

Blankenship gagged in the one game when the team needed him.

Take your pathetic arguments to UGA board if they even have fans that a literate enough to communicate in this type of format.

Look, I guess UGA deserves some credit for playing a guy clearly on the spectrum:

Blankenship gagged in the one game when the team needed him.

Take your pathetic arguments to UGA board if they even have fans that a literate enough to communicate in this type of format.

Did I miss something or did the national panel of college football experts for the Lou Groza Award agree with me or with you ? Take it up with them.

Did I miss something or did the national panel of college football experts for the Lou Groza Award agree with me or with you ? Take it up with them.

this is the phDeac Star Wars argument, right ? everything in the movie was perfect, otherwise it wouldn't have been in the movie !

Biff also thinks Jake from State Fromm should win the Davey O'Brien award. And is serious.

The kicker is a very minor part of the issues with our coverage team. If we could cover worth a damn, most of his kicks would be fair caught.

The kicker is a very minor part of the issues with our coverage team. If we could cover worth a damn, most of his kicks would be fair caught.

So the problem isn't that they're catching the ball at the 10 with a head of steam, it's that our other 10 players are incapable of covering a kick ? Based on the sad state of our defense, you may be right, but if you kick it through the end zone, they don't return it or fair catch it.

Clawson talked in depth about the kick coverage issues in today's presser: https://godeacs.com/news/2019/11/26/football-weekly-press-conference-video-quotes-nov-26.aspx

WF rotated multiple true freshman for the first time on kick coverage to give the regulars more of a rest. He admitted it was a mistake on the coaches part to do this. He thought that the young players were ready, but they were not. Obvious, that the staff is pulling out all of the stops to address the issue. Apparently, Cuse has a strong kick return game, and he fully expects Cuse to return kickoffs even if they are 9 yards deep in the end-zone.

this is the phDeac Star Wars argument, right ? everything in the movie was perfect, otherwise it wouldn't have been in the movie !

Nah, the kicker who made a bunch of field goals from slightly more than extra point distance should definitely be the finalist.

Yes. Talked to Justin about that about 3 hours ago, fun conversation. His start Saturday was his 49th, so he broke Vallos' record for an OL.

Ha! That's hilarious. I thought I was on to a unique line of thought ;-)

So the problem isn't that they're catching the ball at the 10 with a head of steam, it's that our other 10 players are incapable of covering a kick ? Based on the sad state of our defense, you may be right, but if you kick it through the end zone, they don't return it or fair catch it.

You realize there are quite a few teams that try to kick the ball into the coffin corner around the 5 yard line, right? They're confident that their coverage teams can prevent the returner from getting to the 25. A good coverage team should be able to do so way more than 50% of the time. And the chances of forcing a fumble should be much higher than giving up a TD.

Obviously, our coverage team has sucked.

You guys have convinced me that our coverage team is awful.

Nah, the kicker who made a bunch of field goals from slightly more than extra point distance should definitely be the finalist.

The kicker doesn’t decide where he kicks from. And plenty of college kickers make the shorter kicks Sciba literally never misses.

0% of the KO return TD's allowed have been caught within 5 yards of the 10 yard line !

There are very few kicks that are going out of the endzone in college football. Most are bouncing in the endzone and aren't being returned and are thus touchbacks.

The four long kick returns we have given up this year were fielded a the goal line, 2, 2 and 3 yard line.

it's not Sciba's fault, but only two kicks over 39 yards is a tough one to overcome

that, plus not handling KO duty

doubt I'd trade him for anyone else, though

Only 3 FBS kickers are perfect on the year including Sciba and he has at least 7 more attempts/makes than the other 2.

So why not just do this on every kickoff ?

Are we baiting the other team into returning it so we can get in a few full speed licks on the return man ?

Back