• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

I was really surprised to see Claude ahead of greene on the depth chart. I think clawson is a perfect fit for Wake but he does have senioritis.

It’s just a depth chart, Greene played plenty in the past 2 games.

I was really surprised to see Claude ahead of greene on the depth chart. I think clawson is a perfect fit for Wake but he does have senioritis.

I doubt there are many coaches who demote a redshirt senior career backup from starting in a bowl game due to injury in favor of a true freshman who is technically redshirting. Snaps and targets are a different matter though.

Doesn't surprise me. Claude gets the starter introduction in the bowl. I have no problem with that for a fifth year senior over a true freshman. Greene will get those acknowledgements starting next season.

Snaps and targets are what count. I suspect Greene will see plenty of both.

So what's the depth chart look like now ?

Conor - I'm still foggy on Basham....did he ever declare or not ?

And BTW, any idea if the Spartans are also banged up or have kids sitting out re draft status ?

Boogie hasn't declared -- he told me his time frame was to have a decision made by almost two weeks ago now. So it sounds like Clawson's quote today -- one of his favorites, about not rushing to make a good or bad decision -- applies here. I've said for the past week or so that no announcement so far only helps what I think are slim chances he comes back, and his inclusion on the depth chart is another push in the right direction.

Les posted a picture of the depth chart on Twitter, I tweeted musings; Basically no Greer, Gilliam or Bothroyd. Newman and Washington good to go. Manny Walker over Shamar McCollum is curious for a couple of reasons. Coby Davis starts at SS for Nasir, but would expect Zion Keith to factor in there.

Sorry I've yet to master how to embed tweets on here, I'll make it a summer project (or basketball season one).

On last part, found this article helpful.

Perhaps Manny Walker is getting the bowl game start as a thank you for all the work he put in. Maybe a little like senior day in basketball.

Or due to Shamar hitting the proverbial freshman wall and Manny picking it up in practice.

Conor, I may have missed it earlier but what is the team's schedule up to the Bowl? Thought they might get a day or two family time yesterday or today before going up maybe Christmas Day?

Conor, I may have missed it earlier but what is the team's schedule up to the Bowl? Thought they might get a day or two family time yesterday or today before going up maybe Christmas Day?

Not all that clear to me other than their travel day was the 23rd, practices set for 24th and 25th, walk-through 26th and game on 27th.

Not all that clear to me other than their travel day was the 23rd, practices set for 24th and 25th, walk-through 26th and game on 27th.

Sounds like "Christmas" for the team might be December 28 or 29.

Thanks, Conor.

Cade has been a warrior for us. He’s been integral in the growth of the program. Will always be remembered as a power runner and a solid dude.

definitely one of the "character guys" that helped Clawson lay the foundation to our success now and in the future. We are blessed to have that family give us one of their sons and hopefully another one in a few years.

Back