• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONQUERED! WE DON'T FEAR THE SPEAR!

If I were Clawson I would fire Ruggiero tomorrow to prove a point. That was fucking awful. As soon as we ran that 1st down play on the 10 everyone knew that we were going to lose.
He should. He won't. Seen this same shitshow for years.

The coaching staff lost it narrative is so lame. Are the coaches the reason that we:

Dropped an INT in the red-zone, which would have prevented a FG
Had a safety make a terrible play on the ball on a 3rd down and 20. A stop there would have prevented another FG.
Lost a fumble inside their 25 - probably took points off of the board for us
Threw a pass 5 yards short to a wide open receiver on 3rd down on the key second to last drive. A completion there totally changes the end of the game.
Totally missed on another wide open throw on the last possession
Had a pass bounce right off a WR's shoulder pads leading to an INT in our own territory - again they end up scoring off of it
Totally screwed-up two easily downed punts inside FSU's 2 yard line
Committed a defensive holding penalty to negate a play that would have likely changed the way the last couple of minutes played out (in all fairness it looked like a pretty lame call, as the TE grabbed the Wake player)

Coaching could be partially, if not mostly responsible for the poor special teams play. The play calling at the end wasn’t good but I wouldn’t say coaching lost us the game. We had two picks we let go through our hands, a couple fumbles we didn’t recover, etc. we should have won today.

We haven't had an O Line worth a damn since Justice and Dr Lou were here.

Took some time to walk the dogs and think about the game.
D line was outstanding. Thought they needed a linebacker in the 4th Q when they looked a little gassed.
The hurry up O worked most times but the O line didn't get any rest between downs and it showed in the 4th Q.
Wolford is a excellent QB. Appeared to get hurt late in the game.
Without Dortch Wake ain't winning any games.
FSU's #3? RB will be a star in the NFL.
Enjoyed the game except for the end,
Wake is better than I expected this year.

Forget to say. The crowd sounded great on TV.

Last edited:
We set a record for TFL in a game today...and lost.

I see people pointing out how the players and coaches lost the game. I see you trying to shift blame from the millions of dollars in payroll who didn't give the amateur players enough chances to succeed.

This.

Took some time to walk the dogs and think about the game.
D line was outstanding. Thought they needed a linebacker in the 4th Q when they looked a little gassed.
The hurry up O worked most times but the O line didn't get any rest between downs and it showed in the 4th Q.
Wolford is a excellent QB. Appeared to get hurt late in the game.
Without Dortch Wake ain't winning any games.
FSU's #3? RB will be a star in the NFL.
Enjoyed the game except for the end,
Wake is better than I expected this year.

They said his left shoulder got hurt, and perhaps that impacted his throwing motion, as he missed badly on two wide open throws on the last few possessions. The one on 3rd down of the third to last possession (I think) was a killer. The recover was wide open for an easy first down, but Wolford bounced it about 5 feet short. At a minimum, a completion there shortens the end of the game by a couple of minutes. Our best running play is Wolford scrambling on pass plays. Unfortunately that may impact his throwing ability as the game goes on.

I see people pointing out how the players and coaches lost the game. I see you trying to shift blame from the millions of dollars in payroll who didn't give the amateur players enough chances to succeed.

Oh give me a break. There are way more lemmings saying "coaching cost us the game." I'm not saying that we saw the world's best coaching job, and the fact that we continue to rely on the world's worst read-option scheme frustrates me to no end. But tell me this, what had more of an impact on our loss? Calling a running play on first down with the ball on our own 10. Or the semi-bad snap that went through Wolford's hands that led to him throwing it out to Wade, who proceeded to cough it up. All of this while we were down around their 25 or so.

The fact of the matter is the game is played on the field. And if you repeatedly fail to make the plays that can change a game when they are presented to you, you probably aren't going to win the game.

I would rather lose to FSU than App. We probably deserved to lose both.

Tavari seems to be pretty frustrated based on his twitter feed. Wonder if Dortch getting all the touches is wearing on him.

Tavari seems to be pretty frustrated based on his twitter feed. Wonder if Dortch getting all the touches is wearing on him.

Well Tabari needs to make plays, Tabari has had 2 years and Dortch has already made more plays than Tabari has in his career. I would like to see them on the same field more though.

I hope Ayo doesn't get the impression that Danny will get conservation like Clawson today-------come on to Wake Ayo---start a winning tradition !

Oh give me a break. There are way more lemmings saying "coaching cost us the game." I'm not saying that we saw the world's best coaching job, and the fact that we continue to rely on the world's worst read-option scheme frustrates me to no end. But tell me this, what had more of an impact on our loss? Calling a running play on first down with the ball on our own 10. Or the semi-bad snap that went through Wolford's hands that led to him throwing it out to Wade, who proceeded to cough it up. All of this while we were down around their 25 or so.

The fact of the matter is the game is played on the field. And if you repeatedly fail to make the plays that can change a game when they are presented to you, you probably aren't going to win the game.

Completely agree

A team is always going to make bad plays. It is tue nature of competition. Coaches are paid millions of dollars to prepare for and make the right play call. We simply didn't and it cost us the game. When you make that kind of money, expect to be called out when you blow a game. If a golfer hits a 9 iron in the water in a clutch moment people understand. If a golfer is tied going into the par 5 18th hole and his caddy hands him a sand wedge because he is scared to give him the driver then that caddy should rightfully be excoriated.

I love Clawson, and I don't want anyone else for our coach, but the staff lost this one. Special teams and playcalling are the result of coaching above all else and they were our two main areas of weakness tonight. Again it is worth repeating. 32 runs for 37 yards and we decide to run a delay to halfback and a qb sneak. Neither of which had done anything all day. We curled up in a corner and just hoped fsu would break their hand on the ropes. You can't knock someone out if you are unwilling to throw a punch.

Last edited:
Back