• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

Didn't Forbes say in a presser last week that Wake was going to win the ACCT, or am I misrembering?? :dumb:

I thought Atlanta’s point was simply, that doesn’t happen other than to teams that are steak bitten like us.
Fair point.

This week has been the epitome of steak-bittenness.

Someone remind me: does the committee release "first four out" names like the bracketologists do? Just for masochism's sake.

Fair point.

This week has been the epitome of steak-bittenness.

Someone remind me: does the committee release "first four out" names like the bracketologists do? Just for masochism's sake.

Yes. Those 4 are the 1 seeds in the NIT from what I recall.

Can Phillips do any lobbying?

Leave out a 13 win ACC team from the dance? Really?! :mad:

That's what I've been talking about for 3 days.

He downplayed the ACCT and jumped on an airplane.

WTH?

he went recruiting which is arguably the most important part of his job. He had to go on that trip. Had to. We need players.

if you want to mince up his other actions and filet him for a job not well done, that's fair. Everyone makes missteaks from time to time.

The ACC presumably gave WF the final weekend off because we had been the only program to play in every single ACCT Tuesday session. Hopefully next season we play at NCST on the final Saturday.

Can Phillips do any lobbying?

Leave out a 13 win ACC team from the dance? Really?! :mad:

The committee would just answer back to him like a teacher would answer back to a whiney parent… “Your child had plenty of chances to get their grade up before now.“

My friend says Wake is on the agenda for this morning and based on the remaining games our fate will be 99% decided in the next couple of hours.

Wake Forest won 23 games this year. In our entire basketball history there have only been 6 teams that have won that many games and no other Wake team has won more than the 13 ACC games we won. Yet we will not be in the NCAA Tournament.

Wake Forest won 23 games this year. In our entire basketball history there have only been 6 teams that have won that many games and no other Wake team has won more than the 13 ACC games we won. Yet we will not be in the NCAA Tournament.

The sport has gone off the rails with all of these advanced metrics and Quad win/lose bullshit.

The committee would just answer back to him like a teacher would answer back to a whiney parent… “Your child had plenty of chances to get their grade up before now.“

So, there's that much of a difference between winning 14 ACC games over 13??! :rulz:

I don’t see any reason that Wyoming or Xavier should be in ahead of us. I really don’t. Wyoming has a very weak OOC schedule and plays in a very weak league. They are now out of their conference tourney. Xavier, again, how in the hell do you include a team that went 8-11 in their regular season. That’s just insane to put them in over us.

Unless you’re a top 20 team, the clear path is: jam Nov/dec with 100-200 level opponents and win them, go 1-2 games over .500 in conference, and beat one or two better teams in conference. The end.

We won 300 level games. No bueno. We met the rest. We beat several likely tourney teams in our own conference and are a missed goaltend away from OT in Cameron.

Also curious how the committee views the fact that we beat ND beat UNC and beat VT among others.

These could all have been one post, but as a final thought it’s dumb as shit that a lot of this comes down to whether we chose UNCG and Oral Roberts for our OOC schedule VS Pepperdine and William and Mary. How should ANYONE know if those teams are going to be 300 or 180 in the rankings? They all should be wins for Wake Forest. (The first 2 are in the 150 range, the last 2 are near 300.)

Back