• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Corchiani and Gugliotta just ejected from RBC

When is the next time that Hess works a Wake home game? It might be worth the $5 ticket to get in, move down to the 5th row, and verbally harass Hess until he has to throw me out.

I'll go to the La Careta on Coliseum before and get super sauced. Could be a good time.

He'd probably turn the tables on you and "punish" you by forcing you to stay until the game was over. He'd be doing you a favor by tossing you from the Joel at this point.

When is the next time that Hess works a Wake home game? It might be worth the $5 ticket to get in, move down to the 5th row, and verbally harass Hess until he has to throw me out.

I'll go to the La Careta on Coliseum before and get super sauced. Could be a good time.

dew it braskey

What if the ACC has Hess do the UNC/State game @ the RBC Center this week? How epic would that be?

It looks like they get Rodger Ayers, Sean Corbin, and Ed Corbett.

If prior games are any indication, NCSU would trade Ayers for Hess. Pack fans are livid about the reffing Ayers has done in multiple games this season.

Awesome.

Hess said he has a naturally thick skin, so he isn't bothered by verbal insults from the stands. He believes fans paid to see a game and can yell what they want, as long as they stay in their seats.

"You're a fan and you're entitled to your opinion," he said. "You have to be able to deal with that when you put that black and white shirt on and become an official. If not, you need to go home."

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031408aah.html

ayers is the absolute worst. Don't think it's just towards us though. After a terrible officiated game he also gave Gott a tech for taking off his jacket, which is absurd. But then a week later he also gave Calipari a tech while Calipari was walking to sit down on his bench, when ayers was all the way on the other side of the court and calipari had clearly not yelled anything. The commentators were totally miffed. he's just a terrible ref

i think the acc knows we hate ayers though, tbh

Last edited:
Hess may crossed the line and gone crazy. I'm certainly not a fan of Hess.

That being said, it was one of the more humorous things I've witnessed in ACC basketball this year. It did and continues to provide me a laugh in another completely unforgetable season.

Last edited:
"They were ejected for excessive demonstration on several calls as they came right up to the scorer's table. The policeman at the end of the FSU bench was warned that their continual excessive demonstration that incited the crowd would result in ejection," Hess said.

Well, now, he's just making shit up.

Gottfreid rousing the rabble at the Brickyard:

"I think it was weak. It was bad and I thought the official was completely out of line 100 percent. I'm disappointed, quite frankly, in the ACC, because not only did he throw out two of N.C. State's greats, he threw out two of the ACC's greats, and the league is supporting an official rather than supporting former great players.

"The former great players, in my opinion, were embarrassed and wronged when they shouldn't have been. I don't think you can have rabbit ears like that if you're a referee and start throwing people out. I was disappointed in the whole thing. So they gave a reprimand tonight to the official, but it was pretty weak in my opinion."

Scott Fowler Blog

"They were ejected for excessive demonstration on several calls as they came right up to the scorer's table. The policeman at the end of the FSU bench was warned that their continual excessive demonstration that incited the crowd would result in ejection," Hess said.

Well, considering their tickets were about 3 feet from the scorers table, they could have sneezed and been "approaching the scorer's table."

But were Corchiani and Gugliotta warned, Carl? Upon reflection, I think they did nothing wrong. I only wish Hess was doing the game tonight but that is probably too much to ask. Who is doing the game tonight?

Back