• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cornelious Hudson - Overton - Watson ?

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Is Hudson enrolled at WFU? Eligible to play? If so, is there any question that he will play ahead of Overton and Watson ? And that one or both will leave the program by Christmas or the end of the season? Aren't we also recruiting shooting guards in the class of 2015? Without 2 transfers , we can sign only one player for 2015 ( unless Daniel gives up the game )

Tom_Hanks_and_drunk_fan.jpg

Is Hudson enrolled at WFU? Eligible to play? If so, is there any question that he will play ahead of Overton and Watson ?

I don't claim to have sources in the Wake program but there's one WF fan I occasionally run across who is in the know on pretty much everything that goes on within the athletic department. Talked to him last week and among other things he mentioned how excited the hoop staff is about Hudson. He said that an assistant told him they expect him to crack the starting lineup early on and that he'll be a very pleasant surprise to the fanbase. It wasn't clear to him why Hudson stayed under the radar after flirtations with LSU last year but the coaches feel very fortunate he was available in the Spring.

This writeup by Jason Porter at Phenom Hoop Report from a January game is very complimentary of Hudson and consistent with what he told me the coaches are saying.

Cornelius Hudson, 6’6 sr wing at Mt Zion – 14 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist – It is easy to see why all the D1’s are after this kid. He has the pretty jumper, the easy touch on his shot, and the length and athleticism from the wing that you crave. Everything about his game translates very well and easily to the next level. He did not have his shot falling like we had seen from him in the past but he still found a way to have a productive overall game for his team. This shows me that he gets it as a player. You find a way to contribute anyway you can and he did that and more in this one.

Not sure about the "all the D1s are after him" quote but hoping the rest is accurate.

He had academic issues that hurt his recruitment, right?

Yes and he is still having them.

He's at home right now waiting on the NCAA official ruling. Guessing he won't be available until after Christmas if ruling not made very soon

He had academic issues that hurt his recruitment, right?

That seems to be the implication with his comments about our coaches feeling "he got lost when he went the prep school route."

Yes and he is still having them.

He's at home right now waiting on the NCAA official ruling. Guessing he won't be available until after Christmas if ruling not made very soon

So he may not be able to enroll until the Spring?

I guess so. He was here for orientation. NCAA dragging decision so he is back in Dallas now waiting. Don't know what protocol would be if they cleared him this week

Is he allowed to practice with the team this fall if he does not enroll/play until the spring semester?

Is he allowed to practice with the team this fall if he does not enroll/play until the spring semester?

Pretty sure you can't practice if you don't enroll. If enrolled but not eligible until Spring then he can practice.

I didn't think we recruited kids who couldn't quality or enroll.

that explains the non announcement of him joining the program.

Go find a kid who can play and qualify. Shouldn't be too hard for a school like Wake. Are we asking too much?

NCAA drives me crazy with their crazy BS. I mean how hard it is to make a decision one way or the other.

The NCAA is now being unfair to the kid by not making a decision. If they decide he qualifies, he is now behind in his studies. If they decide he is not qualified, it is pretty late to enroll in a JUCO or prep school. For an institution that is supposed to be all about the student-athlete, this non-decision is anything but that.

So what is the issue with his qualification? If it is taking time to decide it must be something a little unusual? Like credits or classes transferring - or whether certain classes count or something? If it was just a GPA or SAT score thing that is pretty cut and dried, isn't it?

The NCAA is now being unfair to the kid by not making a decision. If they decide he qualifies, he is now behind in his studies. If they decide he is not qualified, it is pretty late to enroll in a JUCO or prep school. For an institution that is supposed to be all about the student-athlete, this non-decision is anything but that.

The NCAA is a cartel. Student athletes don't matter to the NCAA.

Back