• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now we just passed 100,000. Wild shit man.

we must be testing more than 50k per day - that's 20k positives today or 40% if the number of tests is 50k (or maybe we're testing 50k per day but today we got back more than a day's worth of tests)

Coronavirus / Bad Flu 69 !!

Is it possible that this is significantly more contagious, but also significantly less deadly and more asymptomatic which mathematically would lead to the same sort of effect of hospitals getting flooded eventually, but a higher % of the population already had it? There are lots of stories of people who think they may have had it 45 days ago, etc

Is it possible that this is significantly more contagious, but also significantly less deadly and more asymptomatic which mathematically would lead to the same sort of effect of hospitals getting flooded eventually, but a higher % of the population already had it? There are lots of stories of people who think they may have had it 45 days ago, etc

When original contract tracing was being done using sequencing there was no evidence that the virus had been circulating around prior to a reported case. Its relatively easy to determine viral lineage when you are sequencing the genome. First the genome is somewhat small so you can do whole genome sequencing. Then to do trace lineage you rely on single nucleotide polymorphisms, SNPs which are mutation of single base pairs. You can do some mathematical calculations using things like viral replication rate, replication error rate, and then determine if a strain is linked to a parent strain or came from some unknown source. When researchers in Washington were doing this they could trace the outbreak to single introduction sites, same with the original cases in Italy.

The only way, its been around lots of people have been infected in the past works out, is if I suppose there was a mutated strain that never required sequencing because the people were never that sick to begin with. More likely is that the single point of transmission is accurate but more people are asymptomatic than realized because testing is so bad. Most people probably are just expressing hope that they were infected 45 days ago so that they are immune and not worry about being sick any longer, its a coping mechanism when in reality whatever they were sick with previously was another virus.

The next big outbreaks could be caused across the nation due to the 100,000+ FL Spring Break participants carrying the flu bug to thousands of towns around the country. Not shutting that down, could end up being the worst decision made during the entire pandemic.

I hope it isn't.

The next big outbreaks could be caused across the nation due to the 100,000+ FL Spring Break participants carrying the flu bug to thousands of towns around the country. Not shutting that down, could end up being the worst decision made during the entire pandemic.

I hope it isn't.
Makes sense that Florida is responsible for killing us all.

Minus one simulation theory.

I felt a little bit bad for about 36 hours back in late January or maybe February. Pretty sure I've already had it.

via tweet of course

Also, @generalmotors (0 tweets, almost as many followers before this) may be wondering why their account is getting their mentions blown up.

Why wouldn’t he reveal what his blood pressure was?

I could be wrong, but Trump looks shook in this presser. And is leading with discussing how the DPA will be used to provide supplies. Now having Navarro refer to him as a wartime president and saying this is biggest mobilization since WWII.

To be fair though, the death rate seems like it would be erroneous regardless as there have to be tons of asymptomatic cases who are never tested, as well as a great deal of cases where the afflicted simply self quarantine and treat on their own, then get better without testing. So it seems disingenuous to suggest that 1 out out every 10 people with the virus in Spain are dying.

I think you need to go with deaths per 100000 population instead of deaths per infection. We have no idea what the infection rate is because testing is so inadequate, the denominator of the death rate is kind of meaningless.

I think the realities of the virus are showing his lies and bluster for what they are. Usually he can just move on to the next lie or bullshit. But this isn't going away. And he's on record saying he's not getting ventilators and supplies for the states, people are going to die because of it, and now weeks later he's doing it because hospitals are reaching a point where they're going to have to choose who lives and dies. When that shit happens, people will save the receipts on who did what.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back