• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The “leaders” of this church should be arrested.

They all should be. The county is under a stay at home order and churches aren’t included with grocery stores, etc.

Has this website been brought up?

http://covid19.healthdata.org/

I just stumbled across it - the breadth of the team is impressive

These are scary projections, but they fall well short of Cuomo's stated need for 30,000 ventilators; so I am wondering what is his source?

And I am asking this not to minimize the threat but to attempt to understand it; as I said, this site has scary projections

The 18k ventilators needed is the mean predicted need. Look at the upper bound of the prediction interval, the light blue shaded area, it’s almost 50k.

The 18k ventilators needed is the mean predicted need. Look at the upper bound of the prediction interval, the light blue shaded area, it’s almost 50k.

yes, nationally. For NY state, the upper bound is ~11,000

(can't edit)

and the 11,000 is an estimate, of course, as is Cuomo's number. So did Cuomo get his number from this team (an earlier projection), or someone else? If so, where?

My mistake, looking at is again, it’s probably a median prediction of 18k.

Good to see the Tunnels resident statistician was only off by over 400%

Lulz

Thanks cousin Eddie. Didn’t see there was a drop down menu to specify which state you needed. Seems like a web link fail if you want to shit on a precautious governor but then link to national level data.

Anyway, Cuomo has been talking every day about spatially and temporally staggered application of ventilators. So if we need 40k as a nation, start by shipping them to the North East where the disease will peak first, then redistribute as the disease shifts. Someone has to lead this effort nationally, cousin Eddie, your hero Trump won’t/can’t so it may as well be the governor of the currently most affected state.

Thanks cousin Eddie. Didn’t see there was a drop down menu to specify which state you needed. Seems like a web link fail if you want to shit on a precautious governor but then link to national level data.

Anyway, Cuomo has been talking every day about spatially and temporally staggered application of ventilators. So if we need 40k as a nation, start by shipping them to the North East where the disease will peak first, then redistribute as the disease shifts. Someone has to lead this effort nationally, cousin Eddie, your hero Trump won’t/can’t so it may as well be the governor of the currently most affected state.

I guess this is directed at me even though I had nothing to do with Angus chiming in to take a victory lap because the latest iteration form some smart people suggests that "only" 81,000 people (somewhere between 40k and 160k) will die.

I wasn't shitting on Cuomo or anyone else; just asking where he gets his data. the website I shared seems to be pretty thoughtfully compiled by an impressive team of people. And it looks to be a valuable resource in this time of uncertainty. Calm down.

I guess this is directed at me even though I had nothing to do with Angus chiming in to take a victory lap because the latest iteration form some smart people suggests that "only" 81,000 people (somewhere between 40k and 160k) will die.

I wasn't shitting on Cuomo or anyone else; just asking where he gets his data. the website I shared seems to be pretty thoughtfully compiled by an impressive team of people. And it looks to be a valuable resource in this time of uncertainty. Calm down.

Nah, Cousin Eddie is Angus, Angus is Cousin Eddie. And I included a minor criticism of the way that website works which led to me not realizing I had to specifically select NY. Not your fault, my oversight and Eddie being his typical shot head self.

Good to see the Tunnels resident statistician was only off by over 400%

Lulz

I’m just glad angus has dropped by to “correct” a member of the tunnels left math, instead of comment on the presidents fuzzy math and multiple lies and misstatements. Phew. I was beginning to believe him when he says he “doesn’t support trump.”

Trump bragging about ratings during a fucking pandemic is really something else.

Trump bragging about ratings during a fucking pandemic is really something else.

The Anguses around the country love this stuff. They don’t care about whether people live or die. They just know ratings own the libs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back