• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound like a hater of the self-employed capitalist who has made it on his own by working hard for 40+ years in a sales industry that rewards hard work. I feel sorry for you. I have never avoided FICA taxes and even pay roughly $6000-$7000 out of my own pocket each year to match FICA for my employees--something you probably don't realize employers have to do!

Sad to see that 40+ year run of “making it on your own” come to a crashing halt this week.

Sad to see that 40+ year run of “making it on your own” come to a crashing halt this week.

Nope, still got a couple more years. I had 2 uncles go till they were 79 & 77 and a cousin go till 74. Doubt I go that long though. Great business to be in though--totally self employed and can set your own schedule. Qualify for great trips all over the U.S. and world with hard work!

Fuck all of you. HE HAD TO PAY FICA OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET!!!

Of course--that is what all small business people have to do. Who else do you think pays it? FICA is a total of 15.3% of which 7.65% comes from the employee. The other 7.65% is matched by the employer. When that is an individual or sole-proprietor, that is out of their own pocket.

I can guarantee you that TheReff is not going to get that he is a hypocrite.
No qualms at all. This is exactly what I pay taxes for. The PPP is Paycheck Protection Program so we can keep our employees on our payroll. It guarantees they will stay on our payroll which is what is needed during these tough economic times. All the information has been downloaded on the bank site. Just got this message from them this afternoon. BTW, are you an employer, Bubble Boy?

"We’ll contact you as soon as possible regarding the status of your application. You may also check your CARES Act dashboard periodically for updates.

How long will it take to issue funds?

Since we opened the application process, tens of thousands of business owners have responded with requests. Our teams are working through the surge of loan requests, and we’re processing them in the order in which they were submitted. Our goal is to deliver these needed funds as quickly as possible.

Please note that, as your application goes through the review process, the Small Business Administration (SBA) has outlined strict requirements for documentation. Any issues with the documents you have submitted could delay your ability to get through the approval process, and you may lose your place in the queue. Additionally, part of the funding approval process rests with the Small Business Administration. Timing for this is difficult to forecast as it is not in our direct control, and it could affect how quickly you receive your funds.

In the meantime, and if you haven’t already done so, please take a look at the other relief options we have made available to our clients on our COVID-19 info site. Please also consider other existing programs the SBA has expanded including the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program. You may apply online directly with the SBA or call the SBA Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955.

Thank you for your patience. We know this is an uncertain time, and we want you to know we are with you throughout this journey.

Thank you."

Owning libs is all that matters to the hypocrites on the right

Last edited:
You know anyone who refers to his/her work as the “sales industry” is a real winner

Nope not unless you have been a small business owner otherwise you have no clue.............but you could AT LEAST try to understand............

Sound like a hater of the self-employed capitalist who has made it on his own by working hard for 40+ years in a sales industry that rewards hard work. I feel sorry for you. I have never avoided FICA taxes and even pay roughly $6000-$7000 out of my own pocket each year to match FICA for my employees--something you probably don't realize employers have to do!

At 7.65% in matching taxes, paying $6000-7000/year means Reff either has one or two "employees" or doesn't pay his people worth shit.

7.65% of $100,000 is $7650.

Of course--that is what all small business people have to do. Who else do you think pays it? FICA is a total of 15.3% of which 7.65% comes from the employee. The other 7.65% is matched by the employer. When that is an individual or sole-proprietor, that is out of their own pocket.

Out of your own pocket. That's really impressive.

The world is going to have well over 100,000 new cases today. US will likely have a new high of new cases in a single day today. UK almost 2000 more new cases today than yesterday's new case total. Spain and Germany both having tough days - Spain new cases up 1000 over yesterdays total, Germany over 1500. Sweden big jump. Holland big jump over yesterday. China even reported close to 100 new cases today. Canada went from 1200 new cases yesterday to over 2000 today (first day ever over that number). Singapore almost 150 new cases today (continuing an upward trend). Tough day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back