• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Carolina should just cede most of Horry County and let it become an exclave of Ohio.

The governments of West Virginia and Ohio are dragging us. This is the darkest timeline.

I would not want to work in a hotel or restaurant around here right now!

We really need to split into two countries.

Glad to see Mrs. Angus at the end questioning degrees.

Beautiful family.

I’m glad CNN is running out of fucks and showing this nonsense.

Life imitates art

parks+and+rec+townhall.png

Parks and Rec predicted the future. Pawnee was rural Trump country before Trump.

c59967e334b754065e462f6c9f595090.jpg

the stupidity in this country is so goddamn painful

c59967e334b754065e462f6c9f595090.jpg

the stupidity in this country is so goddamn painful
We’re not getting sports back are we? And those euro fucks get there soccer. God damn rubes.

It pisses me off I got this shit when I was more careful than like 70% of Americans. I was chilling with a friend of my the other day who said she went to the strip club the first week it opened back up.... she’s a fucking Berkeley grad.

People be cray cray.

People assume normal distributions just happen on their own. No. Normal distributions happen when people act normally. Other countries did. We did not.

People assume normal distributions just happen on their own. No. Normal distributions happen when people act normally. Other countries did. We did not.

This should be a whole section in every statistics course. I had a professor in an advanced econometrics and modeling class in grad school who made this point over and over. We assume that people always act in their own self interest, but conflate this with acting in their best interest. Most people's idea of their self interest is stupid and dangerous, as displayed in the lovely graphs posted above.

Surely you can't mean that you also have to wear a mask when you are rioting and looting. That's a perfectly acceptable exception, right?

Parties, not protests, are causing spikes in COVID:

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...-tell-about-cluster-spread-of-the-coronavirus

Good call.

If Trump wore a mask, it would model to his followers that it's ok for them to wear one, too. But he doesn't because he's an objectively awful person, thus causing the body count to rise. And here we are.

Parties, not protests, are causing spikes in COVID:

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...-tell-about-cluster-spread-of-the-coronavirus

Good call.

If Trump wore a mask, it would model to his followers that it's ok for them to wear one, too. But he doesn't because he's an objectively awful person, thus causing the body count to rise. And here we are.

Solid honest and universal headline when the article refers only to protest data and one party from Whatcom County, Washington. How do the Atlanta numbers match up with those?

Also strong move by Cooper yesterday with his statewide mask mandate specifically listing 10 settings in which masks are required, but conspicuously omitting mass protests from the required locations. Clearly his order is in the best health interests of the public.

It seems like the criteria for predicting whether your state is going to become a hotspot is directly tied to how much your governor support Trump.

I wonder if tennis superstar Novak Djokavic will take a Covid vaccination. He is an open anti-vaxxer for his kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back