• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

"We need to flatten the curve."

Florida man "hold my beer...:

<new record increases nearly day over day>

Who invited Florida man? He went and curved it straight up!

9000 new cases in FL today. I doubt the NBA happens. Our leaders failed us.

According to the national stats, FL had 5004 new cases yesterday (TX had almost 6K) but hasn't reported today's numbers yet. Where are you seeing 9K?

Literally all over the media. I've gotten two alerts on my phone.

Still would like to see the NBA move from Orlando with all the rona that's going on in FL. But I'm hoping they can pull off finishing the playoffs. But I'm losing hope for the NFL and even more so for college football. One of the morning sports talking heads today suggested college coaches may want all of their players to contract it this summer so teams could get herd immunity. I just don't see how you can prevent most football teams from having large outbreaks and disrupting seasons. I mean we've already seen 5 golfers withdraw from tournaments after only 2 weeks because they or their caddies got the rona, and that's the safest sport there is.

College coaches aren’t going to risk lives of players, staff, and coaches seeking herd immunity.

Still would like to see the NBA move from Orlando with all the rona that's going on in FL. But I'm hoping they can pull off finishing the playoffs. But I'm losing hope for the NFL and even more so for college football. One of the morning sports talking heads today suggested college coaches may want all of their players to contract it this summer so teams could get herd immunity. I just don't see how you can prevent most football teams from having large outbreaks and disrupting seasons. I mean we've already seen 5 golfers withdraw from tournaments after only 2 weeks because they or their caddies got the rona, and that's the safest sport there is.

Apparently antibodies only stay in your system for around 8 weeks so herd immunity could be a myth.

Mike Pence is such a dishonest piece of shit

I believe Pence just complimented the campaign's use of screenings and precautions at rallies for the lack of increase in positive test rates in Oklahoma over the past week. I am guessing the cause is more likey the lack of people showing up.

I believe Pence just complimented the campaign's use of screenings and precautions at rallies for the lack of increase in positive test rates in Oklahoma over the past week. I am guessing the cause is more likey the lack of people showing up.

Any positive tests from the rally would show up after two weeks, not a few days. Very disingenuous.

The antibody's don't exist after X amount of time really need to study the figure below. Antibodies themselves will only last at best 21 days after being produce which means they will need continual production to remain at high levels, so levels will contract. If you go and measure actual antibody levels they are going to contract to a steady state, the contraction after initial exposure could be almost undetectable to a normal serological assay and most certainly with the shitty antibody test kits they have now. Reinfection until proven otherwise will mean the second outcome of the graph, you will have a robust immune response, one that will most likely limit the initial viral load of infection and prevent severe disease, will this always happen no, will it most likely happen yes, could you still get sick yes, could you still pass on the virus and also not be sick the second time around yes, could a secondary exposure cause a worse disease, technically yes it happens but no really reason to think it would.

Primary-and-Secondary-Immune-Response.png

Wtf is going on in Georgia? My buddy just posted videos of his kid playing aau basketball at the GICC in front of what looked like a decent sized crowd. Not a mask to be seen.

It’s called freedom man. This is America and the rugged individual has the freedom to infect the other rugged individuals around them. This ain’t no mamby pamby European shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back