• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, why ? If somebody wants to ride a motorcycle with no helmet, that's their problem.

I bet you're something else on Nextdoor.

Like Dr. Manhattan and Angus, I experience all moments in time at once. So NY always has a high COVID19 count. For those who experience time linearly, this seems like good news, at least for New Yorkers:

LOL, why ? If somebody wants to ride a motorcycle with no helmet, that's their problem.

I bet you're something else on Nextdoor.

Eh, I’m ok on Nextdoor, just complaining about power outages and the roads getting torn up.

It’s not like people’s actions have no impact on others. Someone who doesn’t wear a helmet turns a potentially minor accident into an ambulance incident that takes up resources and slows down traffic.

I did almost get into a fight when I confronted the guy who ran a stop sign at my son’s bus stop.

A 30-year-old man who believed the coronavirus was a hoax and attended a “Covid party” died after being infected with the virus, according to a Texas hospital.

The man had attended a gathering with an infected person to test whether the coronavirus was real, said Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, where the man died.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/12/us/30-year-old-covid-party-death.html

I mean, that's an existential truth. We're all gonna die, some of us just sooner.

this is a really sad story, if true

but I must say - my bullshit detector is going off on this one

We have a quote from one doctor, and it's a second-hand account. Did we talk with the nurse? It can't be *that* hard for a journalist to identify the 30-year-old man who died (12 people 30-39 have died according to Texas statistics) Have we scoured social media for evidence of the "Corona Party"?

this is a really sad story, if true

but I must say - my bullshit detector is going off on this one

We have a quote from one doctor, and it's a second-hand account. Did we talk with the nurse? It can't be *that* hard for a journalist to identify the 30-year-old man who died (12 people 30-39 have died according to Texas statistics) Have we scoured social media for evidence of the "Corona Party"?

Um, there’s a thing called HIPAA keeping the patient’s identity private. And it totally tracks that only a chief level doctor would be the one talking to the press. Regular staff doctors and nurses don’t give quotes and interviews generally.

Um, there�s a thing called HIPAA keeping the patient�s identity private. And it totally tracks that only a chief level doctor would be the one talking to the press. Regular staff doctors and nurses don�t give quotes and interviews generally.

yeah, um, I'm familiar with HIPAA

but the grand total of 30-year-old men dying from Covid in San Antonio over the last week can't be high; I'd peg the number at one, which would mean effectively they're sharing a story that is personally identifiable anyway

like I said - it appears to be very thinly sourced and sensationalist in nature. Can the reporter confirm any Covid parties?

this guy says it better than me - peace:

yeah, um, I'm familiar with HIPAA

but the grand total of 30-year-old men dying from Covid in San Antonio over the last week can't be high; I'd peg the number at one, which would mean effectively they're sharing a story that is personally identifiable anyway

like I said - it appears to be very thinly sourced and sensationalist in nature. Can the reporter confirm any Covid parties?

Skepticism is great, but god damn I wish people were this suspicious of anti-covid Q-anon propaganda about mask wearing and public health guidelines form the CDC.

Skepticism is great, but god damn I wish people were this suspicious of anti-covid Q-anon propaganda about mask wearing and public health guidelines form the CDC.

Q-anon propaganda is precisely why the NYT needs to carefully vet everything they publish; if this story turns out to be false or embellished, it tarnishes NYT

looks like stone-cold liar Fauci is wrong agan... trump should fire right away and get an honest expert in the room, we need to be taking this virus seriously and the Fauci Show isn't cutting it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back