• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting data isn't a premature celebration, doc.

And the death rate in FL will have to increase 500% just to keep pace with the death rate of CT and MA as NJ and NY have distanced themselves from the pack and are in a class of their own right now.

Sorry to poke holes in the bullshit lefty narrative (i.e. red state governors FUCKED the country) that you and so many others happily promoted (despite evidence to the contrary) because Orange Man BAD!!!

I was referring to you posting this "FUCK YOU, DESANTIS!!!!111!" along with the data as an example of premature celebration.

The death rate will climb greatly in Florida. Hopefully we are now better at treating these patients, so it won't reach the death rates of the Northeast, but unfortunately the rates will increase significantly in FL.

I'm pretty sure I have not posted anything about "red state governors." In my opinion, our problem has been the absolute lack of a federal plan, which is what I have focused on.

Thanks Brad and his dipshit friends

What's shocking about that is how much confidence even Republicans have lost in doing basic things. More than 40% of R's won't go to a gym, more than 25% won't stay in a hotel. And that's the "gung-ho fuck your virus" crowd.

The economy is truly fucked while consumer confidence is so low in the safety of many activities. You can scream "OPEN UP" all you want, but people simply aren't going to do something they feel fundamentally unsafe doing.

meh, he's reeling because his team is in charge and are so awful at pretty much anything except fear-mongering and hate-mongering and profiteering that he is grasping at anything that appears good on the surface

Holy shit dude you are still arguing that Florida is some kind of corona success model?

FL as a success model??? Absolutely not but only ignorant libs such as yourself ignore facts like the FL death rate is lower than the great state of ILLINOIS (hailed by someone on here for Corona management... can't remember who).

I know reading comprehension isn't a strength of yours but do try to keep up.

one thing about Desantis that is impressive is how little he managed to learn from the failures of Trump, Pritzker, Cuomo, et al

one thing about Desantis that is impressive is how little he managed to learn from the failures of Trump, Pritzker, Cuomo, et al

Yep. Republicans just laughed off New York's struggles instead of learning lessons.

FL as a success model??? Absolutely not but only ignorant libs such as yourself ignore facts like the FL death rate is lower than the great state of ILLINOIS (hailed by someone on here for Corona management... can't remember who).

OK, now compare FL death rate since June with NY, IL, etc. death rates since June, when the virus is everywhere and the governors at least in theory know equal amounts about the virus. Also, death is not the only negative long-term outcome of COVID.

so what are you arguing then? That DeSantis has managed this thing better than Pritzger and Cuomo from start to present? Make sense, man.

You are so fucking stupid, birdman is right you must have some notion that time is static.

New York is devastated by NOVEL coronavirus.

Florida: It's a New York problem! Those Democrats are really terrible at dealing with it. We have few cases. We're so awesome! Open up! Spring break party!

Two months later.....

We still haven't had as many die as New York! We're awesome!

The fact that there is no answer as to why Florida death rate is lower than NY (but rising) other than maybe we are better at treating it, but also highly likely that we just haven't seen the death spike that typically follows infection spikes really speaks to how reckless it was to revoke shelter in pace orders without any sort of plan to counteract or manage the pandemic. It really was a game of chance that the Governor played with a lot of people's lives by opening up the state without a plan for testing, contact tracing and ppe supply, let alone developing a plan for the schools and University to safely reopen.

Having said that, in the last 2 weeks we've had 1654 new deaths in Florida (July 13-27), which is 214% more than the previous 2-week period (June 29-July13) when we had 772 COVID deaths in Florida. Lets hope that trend doesn't continue because another 214% increase in deaths would mean 3539 more deaths. Just fyi, over approximately the same time period, New York declined from only 144 deaths over 2 weeks from the end of June to the middle of July, to 127 deaths in the second half of July. Seems like Desantis shouldn't be taking a victory lap just yet.

Something strange is happening in Florida - and no, I don't believe Desantis should get credit for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back