• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm going to go out on a limb and cleaning the whole school isn't going to stop transmission.

Damn. When ignorant right wing assholes (yes, it’s pretty much only republicans, so fuck you 2&2) try to tell you about the Swedish expert, tell them to look up New Zealand before they say another word to you.

Absolutely. Tell them to also take a look at S Korea. And when they tell you these countries are different because they are islands, then point them to Hawaii. With one quarter of the population of New Zealand, Hawaii had 165 cases. Yesterday. New Zealand hasn’t had community spread in 3 months.

Damn. When ignorant right wing assholes (yes, it’s pretty much only republicans, so fuck you 2&2) try to tell you about the Swedish expert, tell them to look up New Zealand before they say another word to you.

Read a financial times article on Sweden. They’ve still got 20x the death of their neighbor Norway and apparently a large portion of their recent decrease in transmission relates to they basically have a month long holiday in July in where no one works. They’re expected to go back up in the fall

So, then why don’t they blame Trump for taking our freedoms away? Seems like they disagree with Trump and agree with Obama.

Of course.

But oh somehow they and Trump are of course victims of them edumacated elites out t git em with all o this overreacting. Jus tryin t ruin tha Trump ‘conomy dontcha know it?

Driving through SC today, stopped near Gaffney to buy some local peaches. As we drove up to the stand, no one was wearing a mask...customers nor dude and daughter (granddaughter?) running the place.

We donned masks and as we approached, the dude put on his mask and went on a perpetual rant about how this pandemic wasn’t near as bad as that thar h1n1 flu we experienced under Obammy an’ we dint haf t’ wear no masks ‘n’ go through all this hullabaloo back then. On and on...just a danged conspiracy tha’s going to end on November 3rd...(?). The daughter or granddaughter chimed in about the ridiculousness of anticipating having to wear a mask in school.

Wild shit.

But we bought some peaches.

You really showed dem dar ig'nornt folk (did I do that right???) in Gaffney by buying their peaches!!

Haven't seen the research on bodily fluids, but nearly everything I have seen says it's almost completely airborne. You have a much higher chance of catching it from someones breath, cough, smoke, than you do from touching an infected surface. This idea that you can clean it away was proven wrong months ago. People carry it, places don't - unless you're talking about the air conditioning system.

Wear mask. Get ass.

I don’t see the problem with that.

the posters and flyers write themselves

wear protection...all over

mask up...and down below

They co-opting the virus to get people to becmoe more sanitary in everyday life, which is something that I think a lot of people are going to carry forward. I think a lot of people are going to realize that they didn't even catch a cold this past spring and hopefully not this coming winter and recognize that it's because they're washing their hands and avoiding touching their faces.

They co-opting the virus to get people to becmoe more sanitary in everyday life, which is something that I think a lot of people are going to carry forward. I think a lot of people are going to realize that they didn't even catch a cold this past spring and hopefully not this coming winter and recognize that it's because they're washing their hands and avoiding touching their faces.

4b02xz.jpg

Even simple things like hand sanitizer/hand washing after you touch common objects will greatly reduce the transmission of many common infections. Previously I don't think people really thought about common contact points like pin pads, gas station pumps, etc...

I think we will also see a milder flu season with kids being home from school.

Just picked up some local peaches, and the seller here (NC) didn't have a mask. Most everyone at the Richmond farmers market wears one.

Seems like the mask ordinances here in Charleston are working and our cases are beginning to decline. I hope that doesn't lead McMaster/local government to declare victory shortly and lift all restrictions again like we did in May, which led to the massive spike in cases. Given how the state GOP/McMaster has handled this, I am sure restrictions will be lifted this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back