• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My law school classmate is the guy in the mask next to the Rev. and behind KAC. Eesh.

Somehow I think this is not how Amy Barrett expected her introduction to the Supreme Court to go. Not the best way to start your lifetime appointment to the Supremes, and perhaps not a good omen. It will certainly go down as one of the more memorable SC announcement ceremonies.

As a parent, I can’t imagine how pissed off I would be at the first lady sitting right next to my kids without a mask on and then testing positive a few days later. Just so fucking reckless

Although isn’t the GOP’s best political move to all get covid and have all survive and say it was like the flu ?

Although isn’t the GOP’s best political move to all get covid and have all survive and say it was like the flu ?

Probably. This is what herd immunity looks like. One of the people at the event or debate or fundraiser will die. Two or three more will be hospitalized and really sick. And the rest will claim it’s no big deal so why are we so worried.

Probably. This is what herd immunity looks like. One of the people at the event or debate or fundraiser will die. Two or three more will be hospitalized and really sick. And the rest will claim it’s no big deal so why are we so worried.

I mean Chris Christie should just take one for the team

It is honestly pretty amazing that it took this long for Trump to get COVID.

It will take one death or even one really shitty disease outcome for that likely to be a flawed strategy.

Depends on who the one is.

Anyone without the last name Trump could die and it would not matter one bit to most Republicans.

It will take one death or even one really shitty disease outcome for that likely to be a flawed strategy.

Herman Cain died, nobody cared. As long as it isn't Trump, they aren't important enough.

Herman Cain died, nobody cared. As long as it isn't Trump, they aren't important enough.

This has a very different feel to it as the illness can be tied back directly to the President and not merely a rally. Add in the controversy around when did the President know he was sick and it makes things that much more complicated for the President. It's one thing for an attendee at a rally to die. It's another thing for the President to have Covid, know he has it, maintain his schedule and for someone associated with that schedule to die.

This has a very different feel to it as the illness can be tied back directly to the President and not merely a rally. Add in the controversy around when did the President know he was sick and it makes things that much more complicated for the President. It's one thing for an attendee at a rally to die. It's another thing for the President to have Covid, know he has it, maintain his schedule and for someone associated with that schedule to die.

It wouldn’t matter to his base one bit.

It wouldn’t matter to his base one bit.

That's why it's called a "base". You could literally ask 1,000 people if the moon is made of cheese and 15% of them would tell you yes and believe it. In politics 35% of people will line up and take any bullet for the right or the left before considering a candidate from the other realm.

You can’t really bosides the complete cult of personality trump has built around himself. His base is so fervent that every other Republican is scared shitless of pissing them off. It’s not really comparable to any other situation in recent political history.

Rumor now that Hope Hicks has said the President was sick before her and is furious he is blaming her for getting him sick.

Woman who works for a liar who takes no responsible is furious he lied and accepted no responsibility.

If she knew and still worked closely with him, that’s on her.

(Note: This is still a public health crisis and we should not only blame individuals.)

Woman who works for a liar who takes no responsible is furious he lied and accepted no responsibility.

If she knew and still worked closely with him, that’s on her.

(Note: This is still a public health crisis and we should not only blame individuals.)

“But he told me I was DIFFERENT than all the other aides!”

That's why it's called a "base". You could literally ask 1,000 people if the moon is made of cheese and 15% of them would tell you yes and believe it. In politics 35% of people will line up and take any bullet for the right or the left before considering a candidate from the other realm.

In this case that 35% is more like 41-43%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back