• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean any experimental drug would only be taken if you fear things are going to get bad (obese unhealthy elderly man) or things already are bad. You are really playing the odds because something like a polyclonal antibody cocktail has a laundry list of side effects that may occur, none of which are easy to reverse once they start.

Also reading on twitter people who I have no idea if they know what they're talking about, but is that type of antibody useful at this stage of the disease?

Didn’t she leave her job in the White House? Was she at the nomination event?

scotus-sat-update.jpg

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/trump-timeline-activities-425041

Also reading on twitter people who I have no idea if they know what they're talking about, but is that type of antibody useful at this stage of the disease?

What stage though? He may have tested positive days ago. Maybe longer. We only know because media found out about Hope Hicks. He didn’t take a test before the debate.

Also read that the CEO of the company that makes the drug is a personal friend of Trump.

It’s hard to tell, most likely it’s an antibody cocktail that works under the same principle as Oseltamivir does for flu where the earlier you take it the better it works. The polyclonal cocktail works on the basis of blocking virus from entering new cells and blocking virus from being released from new cells, you’d also get some bystander immune activation response, immune cell signaling, and even possible infected cell targeting and apoptosis.

It’s really hard to pin down when he was infected, possible Saturday rose garden event, but anyone from that point on could then be the one infecting him. He is supposedly tested often but who knows if it’s really true and instead they test the people around him. Even then though, by the time you have viral onset of disease you have exponential viral replication. Like 10,000’s of viral particles per a cell, there’s just way too much virus for you to do anything and the reason why anti-virals are so scarce.

He's tested often, but I don't think the White House would release a positive test unless their hand was forced.

I mean any experimental drug would only be taken if you fear things are going to get bad (obese unhealthy elderly man) or things already are bad. You are really playing the odds because something like a polyclonal antibody cocktail has a laundry list of side effects that may occur, none of which are easy to reverse once they start.

Or perhaps you are the president who wants to convince the country that there is a miracle cure and threaten to fire any doctor who won't taken an absurd risk.

That or your the President who suggested we all ingest bleach, you're behind in the polls and you're looking for anything that can potentially get you back on the campaign trail and willing to ignore any and all advice about risks.

The link has a key to the photo.

Are all the people in color people that have tested positive?

Not sure. We know Conway. We know the President of Notre Dame did too (he's the Rev). Melania. They're all in color. I wrote Marcus earlier today to check in on him and he did confirm the event was considered a super spreader (which is now obvious). Pretty tense for everyone there waiting to see if they have a case.

One of the doctors on CNN just now said that Trump right now is where most patients would be after two weeks from diagnosis in terms of symptoms and treatment.

One of the doctors on CNN just now said that Trump right now is where most patients would be after two weeks from diagnosis in terms of symptoms and treatment.

He's had symptoms for one day? Can't COVID symptoms start anywhere from 3-10 days with the median being like the 5 day mark?

Chris Christie now, too. Talk about co-morbidities.

Or it's been misreported and he actually tested positive for CULVERS #9 (ithe deluxe butter burger meal).

I'll be here sporadically for a large portion of all week.

Chris Christie now, too. Talk about co-morbidities.

Or it's been misreported and he actually tested positive for CULVERS #9 (ithe deluxe butter burger meal).

I'll be here sporadically for a large portion of all week.

Well, well. I wonder if he'll be so gung-ho and and such a jerk in defending Trump on ABC's This Week roundtable going forward. Karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back