• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does the 9/11 "this is a message from God !" crowd stand on this one? Surely they're the same evangelicals that support the current regime and are probably anti-maskers. Tough day for their mental game.

Trump killed him even though he doesn't know it or acknowledge it.

Trump must be a psycho to be able to live with himself.

Yeah especially if you’re 74 and a person of color (seemingly a comorbidity as well). But generally everyone should.

Absolutely. I find it frustrating that we're not getting many statistics around here, but if our state is anything like our district, the percentage of African Americans contracting covid is about the same as their percentage of the population, however they're twice that percentage of the population that ends up in covid related hospitalizations.

Yeah especially if you’re 74 and a person of color (seemingly a comorbidity as well). But generally everyone should.

Is this verified yet, or is this a matter of us subjecting people of color to more dangerous conditions than white people are subject to?

name a demographic group hit harder by COVID than Black Republicans

we should just say black people in general.

COVID is particularly not kind to people who are obese, have diabetes or high blood pressure (HBP). These symptoms are very rampant in African American communities, in fact I think I read somewhere that over 40% of African Americans have HBP...maybe it was 40% higher chance than whites. regardless, we are looking at a rational for Cain in a fish bowl when extenuating circumstances may tell the full story.

ultimately, Trump and holding the fucking Tulsa rally are partially to blame. As is the GOP (and Cain himself) with their stubbornness / poor leadership / continuous misrepresentation of information about COVID bares the remainder of responsibility.

it is a shame

He was a cancer survivor, that was most likely the biggest condition for him. For African Americans it is not only all the disproportional health problems warak stated but also lack of access to care for said problems.

It's easy to get numb to the death, as you almost have to in order to go about your day, and see the florida numbers of 200 a day and compare that to NY and think it's not that bad. But then I read on the FB today a quote that with 1,461 new deaths yesterday, that's one person dying from COVID every minute of the day, on average.

He was a cancer survivor, that was most likely the biggest condition for him. For African Americans it is not only all the disproportional health problems warak stated but also lack of access to care for said problems.

Can you give me more information about this?

Can you give me more information about this?

Basically the longer you are from your cancer treatment technically the better your immune system should be but there are some studies that show a lot of cancer treatments severely impact your immune system and they may never return to baseline levels before treatment. The two major treatments chemo and radiation are just a blunt instrument that wrecks havoc usually on cells that are rapidly proliferating, bystander cells happen to be pretty much every one associated with your immune system. Its more complicated because treatment vary greatly so hard to pin down x treatment to immune suppression to y disease.

With Covid-19 it might not be as big a problem because it novel but conferring immunity from other infections appears to play somewhat of a protective role. With cancer treatment you wipe out a lot of memory B and T cells meaning its a reset button. In addition to that for the elderly, and this might be a problem for future vaccines, your thymus starts to deteriorate as a young adult until its a shriveled mass of blah by your 60s, it shifts the T-cell pool ratios significantly. Overall, simple thinking is, older peoples immune system is deteriorating anyway, especially its ability to respond to new things, elderly people get cancer and cancer treatments mess with the immune system more, all together much higher risk.

Politically speaking, this Herman Cain death is a disaster for Trump.

Basically the longer you are from your cancer treatment technically the better your immune system should be but there are some studies that show a lot of cancer treatments severely impact your immune system and they may never return to baseline levels before treatment. The two major treatments chemo and radiation are just a blunt instrument that wrecks havoc usually on cells that are rapidly proliferating, bystander cells happen to be pretty much every one associated with your immune system. Its more complicated because treatment vary greatly so hard to pin down x treatment to immune suppression to y disease.

With Covid-19 it might not be as big a problem because it novel but conferring immunity from other infections appears to play somewhat of a protective role. With cancer treatment you wipe out a lot of memory B and T cells meaning its a reset button. In addition to that for the elderly, and this might be a problem for future vaccines, your thymus starts to deteriorate as a young adult until its a shriveled mass of blah by your 60s, it shifts the T-cell pool ratios significantly. Overall, simple thinking is, older peoples immune system is deteriorating anyway, especially its ability to respond to new things, elderly people get cancer and cancer treatments mess with the immune system more, all together much higher risk.

Thanks. I'm a survivor. 8 years post Chemo (Cisplatin + Etopicide) for testicular cancer (Same cancer as Brian Picolo actually). At the time, treatment rocked my immune system and white blood cell counts. My oncologist said that my risk factors for COVID are no worse than anybody else, but It is still worrisome to see cancer survivor listed in all these articles as a compounding risk factor with out any support information. Thanks.

Really? Haven’t watched or seen any news today.

I'm sure Anderson Cooper will be harping on the Cain news tonight and going off on Trump. But it probably won't get a ton of play on Fox and OAN. So it will probably depend on what kind of choir member you are as to how big a story this will be.

Thanks. I'm a survivor. 8 years post Chemo (Cisplatin + Etopicide) for testicular cancer (Same cancer as Brian Picolo actually). At the time, treatment rocked my immune system and white blood cell counts. My oncologist said that my risk factors for COVID are no worse than anybody else, but It is still worrisome to see cancer survivor listed in all these articles as a compounding risk factor with out any support information. Thanks.

Glad you are healthy now. After 8 years and not being particularly old your oncologist is probably correct that there is not much increased risk for you. Its kind of hard to ever make definitive statements since so much new information is constantly coming out. If I had to throw out two huge factors for people that have asymptomatic/mild infections outside of some genetic link its going to be dose of infectious material and previous immune exposure.

It has to be hard for the GOP - on one hand, it makes Trump and the selfish pricks who are anti-mask, including Cain himself, look like the dumbasses they are.... on the other hand, he's black so they don't give a shit. Hard internal battle for them, but the he's black who gives a shit side will win out.

It has to be hard for the GOP - on one hand, it makes Trump and the selfish pricks who are anti-mask, including Cain himself, look like the dumbasses they are.... on the other hand, he's black so they don't give a shit. Hard internal battle for them, but the he's black who gives a shit side will win out.

maybe Gohmert will get worse

Lol. ‘Pubs don’t give a shit about Herman Cain.

The dems aren't going to win by changing any Pubs' minds. But Trump Rallys are going to be a hot topic of discussion the next 90 days and having a well known guy die after attending one will be mentioned alot. And that'll affect some swing voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back