• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Costa Concordia (Cruise Ship) Sinks

Maybe he just saved his best 5 crew members and didn't realize that the rest had been left on the court-- I mean ship?

They're making t-shirts that say "Get back on board, for fuck's sake!" Or in Italian, "Vada a bordo, cazzo!"

107122_vadaabordocazzo.jpg

I guess this is a dumb question, but if the boat sinks is the captain legally bound to stay with the ship? I thought the dude going down with the Titanic was just like a good ideal, not necessarily the law. The Coast Guard guy kinda sounds like an ass there, but the Captain sounds like a bitch.

Considering that one of the thing he was charged with was "abandoning ship" I'm going to say that the answer is yes, at least in Italy.

Cruise_AP12011414192.jpg

I assume these have some kind of heat retention quality, but I'd like to make a joke about these being the First Class Rescue Blankets.

Yeah, I had to spend a night out in the woods w/ a survival kit once. Would have been cold as hell w/out that thing in there.

Used to always carry one when backpacking in case an emergency situation happened- super light weight, allows rescuers to see you from the air more easily, and works really well.

Also works well as a poncho, emergency rain fly for your tent, or a bag cover for a rainy hike. :thumbsup:

They are like 5 bucks, probably less.

Yeah, and that's way overpriced, but the cost of buying them individually. I doubt they cost much more than $0.10-0.25 each in bulk, considering they are given out by the thousands to every runner at many half and full marathons.

Yeah, and that's way overpriced, but the cost of buying them individually. I doubt they cost much more than $0.10-0.25 each in bulk, considering they are given out by the thousands to every runner at many half and full marathons.

Yeah packs of 10 can be found for the same price as individual blankets- I just don't need 10.

Back