• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Glenn Beck revive Mount Airy's textile industry?

why does he have a clothing line? it seems like there would be more efficient ways to achieve his goals

He is a major tool.

Production of crying towels for Boehner and Beck alone could keep a bunch of people employed.

Just about everything Beck has predicted has come true. He just tells it like it is.

How dare he bring 1,000 jobs to NC. That would be more jobs than Obama has brought...right?

Chalkboard and eraser production should see a spike.

How dare he bring 1,000 jobs to NC. That would be more jobs than Obama has brought...right?

Honestly I don't see what the hang up is. Unless they feel it will reflect poorly on the community.

ob1.jpg

There is a reason textiles left the north, then the south, soon China, and moving towards Vietnam. I mean there is no way clothing can be manufactured in NC and be price competitive no matter what Beck thinks/says.

There is a reason textiles left the north, then the south, soon China, and moving towards Vietnam. I mean there is no way clothing can be manufactured in NC and be price competitive no matter what Beck thinks/says.

This is true, but I applaud him for trying. Also, I think he can afford to not worry too much about profit margins with this clothing line. The guy is rich beyond belief already, so if he wants to operate a small, specialized clothing line that caters to his fans and employ Americans while he's at it, good for him.

Well said, ELC. I wish more "job creators" put their confidence and resources toward the American people.

This is true, but I applaud him for trying. Also, I think he can afford to not worry too much about profit margins with this clothing line. The guy is rich beyond belief already, so if he wants to operate a small, specialized clothing line that caters to his fans and employ Americans while he's at it, good for him.

Thats great, but 1000 jobs for Mt Airy? More like 50-100 would be more in line for what he has in mind.

Back