• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Country Dan's Version of the Debacle @ Clemson

If you are asking me - no. But I don't think that sucks considering last year the departures and the frosh

In context, 18-17 would be excellent. 18-17 in the third year of a coaching regime is not very good.

All that said, you agree it's not very likely we get to 18 wins. So what I'm getting at is why are you be BuzzIn based on standards you don't think he'll hit? Unless you're taking the eternal optimist AD view of I'm "In" said coach until the day I fire him. That would make some sense even if it's not a vote in favor of his coaching ability.

He has to keep his access with WFU or we won't have anything to read and he will be expendable. Lay off Dan...he provides the best traditional media coverage of Wake and he's a good guy as well.

If RW cuts off Dan for providing honest commentary on the hometown program then he gives Dan the best thing that ever happened to him. Weeks/Months of stories about an out of control, megalomaniac AD that our fanbase, in its current mindset, would eat up.

One of the reasons that WFU's Athletic Department acts like it can get away with shit like Bz is b/c the local media won't take them on.

I repeat, Dan is a gigantic pussy. If he is more worried about appeasing the WFU athletic department so that he can keep his job than he is about actually doing his job, then he doesn't deserve to have his job.

Dan isn't a reporter or opinion blogger. He's part of the propaganda arm of the Wake athletic department.

A lot of folks are helping Ron prop up Bz and shame on them for doing it.

All of the announcers sure are. At every game.

Well of course they are. They get their talking points from Scott and Steve in Media Relations. You dont think those announcers are going to do any independent research to prep for their games, do you? Unless you are listening to Bob Knight (and there is no way he will be assigned to one of our games with the current state of our program) you get the POV that is spoon fed to the talent over the 24 hours prior to tip.

Well of course they are. They get their talking points from Scott and Steve in Media Relations. You dont think those announcers are going to do any independent research to prep for their games, do you? Unless you are listening to Bob Knight (and there is no way he will be assigned to one of our games with the current state of our program) you get the POV that is spoon fed to the talent over the 24 hours prior to tip.

My favorite today was the "9 freshmen" line. We're now including our walk-ons in that count, apparently. Because, have you heard, that we're possibly the youngest team in the nation? (or something)

Would be nice to get Bob Knight assigned to a Wake game...perhaps some of the experts out there may know of a way to achieve this lofty goal...

Agreed- if we somehow beat VT at home to end the season we're at just 10 wins in this the third year of the abysmal Bzz era.

My favorite today was the "9 freshmen" line. We're now including our walk-ons in that count, apparently. Because, have you heard, that we're possibly the youngest team in the nation? (or something)

It's beyond pathetic. At last the first couple of games they did that they would add that only 7 of them were on scholarship, but I don't think they even did that last night.

It's beyond pathetic. At last the first couple of games they did that they would add that only 7 of them were on scholarship, but I don't think they even did that last night.

Realistically, who really cares. Who is watching our game except Wake or VT fans, it's not like it's getting a national audience. Anybody that follows Wake hoops at all knows how many scholarship freshmen we have. Other than irritating the bzzouts. Or maybe that's Wellman's intent.

Jeff [Redacted] is a loser. Always has been, always will be as a collegiate head basketball coach. He is a loser as a person, he is a loser as a communictator, he is a loser as a coach, and he is a loser in every statistical category you can imagine All the [Redacted] and Wellman supporters need to look at the facts and where we are versus where we have been. Loyalty is one thing, but blind loyalty is something else. These people are serving no purpose except to possibly extend the misery that has beccome Wake Forest basketball.

The only positive I hear, on the surface may that have some validity, is this year's freshman class and the 2014 commitment we recently received. Giving [Redacted] credit for any of this is just misguided. We are very fortunate to have two wonderful Wake Forest coaches on our bench and an amazing person and coach in Jeff Battle. I can assure you Jeff [Redacted] will never be called in to close a deal on a recruit. I think it has been reported that Jeff Battle and Chris Paul were the primary reasons for the recent 2014 commitment.

The sooner everyone realizes and admits that the unilateral decision to hire [Redacted] was a devasating mistake, and his retention is an even bigger mistake, then and only then can we once again
begin to rebuild our program. The Colorado program was astounded Wellman would come in take away this loser and give them an easy out to hire a real coach. Once [Redacted] is fired, I trust we will conduct a real search and do proper due dilligence to guard against Ron Wellman having the opportunity to repeat this disaster.

Realistically, who really cares. Who is watching our game except Wake or VT fans, it's not like it's getting a national audience. Anybody that follows Wake hoops at all knows how many scholarship freshmen we have. Other than irritating the bzzouts. Or maybe that's Wellman's intent.

No chance the talking heads simply count the number of freshmen off our roster. Surely this is a vast, devious ploy by Ron and Hatch and their boy Buzz. It just needs to be said a few more times and Ron's conquest of the BO's will be complete. Due to this one devious ploy, all BO's will spend all game chanting 9 freshmen, 9 freshmen, long live Buzz our idol. Masterful plan thank goodness Irish is smart of enough to call it out.

No chance the talking heads simply count the number of freshmen off our roster. Surely this is a vast, devious ploy by Ron and Hatch and their boy Buzz. It just needs to be said a few more times and Ron's conquest of the BO's will be complete. Due to this one devious ploy, all BO's will spend all game chanting 9 freshmen, 9 freshmen, long live Buzz our idol. Masterful plan thank goodness Irish is smart of enough to call it out.

Considering the AD is feeding them other talking points, it's pretty safe to say they are feeding them the number of freshmen as well. Like I said, the first few times they did this they knew they were giving the wrong number.

Considering the AD is feeding them other talking points, it's pretty safe to say they are feeding them the number of freshmen as well. Like I said, the first few times they did this they knew they were giving the wrong number.

Anyone can pull up the roster, from anywhere and checkout the number of freshmen. I just don't see devious plan behind what the talking heads say and how anyone benefits. Although ticking off the few BO's paying attention has its benefits, I agree.

Anyone can pull up the roster, from anywhere and checkout the number of freshmen. I just don't see devious plan behind what the talking heads say and how anyone benefits. Although ticking off the few BO's paying attention has its benefits, I agree.

If that was the only example of talking points, you may have a point.

And anyone who knows anything about basketball realizes that is a stupid thing to do. Anyone can also pull the box scores and see that we have 6 freshmen who play regularly and 7 who have played at all this year.

Back