• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

court rejects baby name "messiah"; mom decides between lemonjello and orangejello

FB-bio11-gelo.jpg

#activistjudges

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

how did this end up before a judge in the first place?

how did this end up before a judge in the first place?

The article says it was a child support hearing because they couldn't decide on the baby's SURNAME...

But seriously:

“The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ,” Child Support Magistrate Lu Ann Ballew said, according to WBIR-TV.

:rulz:

Hypocritical fucking judge. Want odds on what his decision would've been if the kid's name was Buddha or Allah?

Hypocritical fucking judge. Want odds on what his decision would've been if the kid's name was Buddha or Allah?

She was half right, but for the wrong reasons. Naming the kid Messiah is not going to help him out later in life, and given his parents can't even agree on a name at this point, he probably needs all the help he can get.

She was half right, but for the wrong reasons. Naming the kid Messiah is not going to help him out later in life, and given his parents can't even agree on a name at this point, he probably needs all the help he can get.

I remember in law school, a religious friend asked another not so religious friend, "aren't you going to have your kids baptised?"

The response: "sure, in Satan's urine."

I made the mistake of reading the comments below that article. What little faith I had in humanity before has completely evaporated.

a lot of them have just started pronouncing it HAY-SEWSE instead of JEE-SUS, probably to try to throw off the judges so they don't make them change it. like a code or something.

I definitely don't think the judge has any right to say that they can't name the kid Messiah...but what if someone wants to name their kid the N-Word...or F*ggot?

I would be outraged if someone tried that...but...should anyone be able to say they can't?

I would hope no one would be so full of hate that they'd try that...but nothing would surprise me.

I'm sure the small government crowd will take up this cause. Can't have activist judges telling people what to name their children.

Back