• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID-19 Mafia Game Thread: The Citizens Stopped the Virus!

Want to get a feel for the crowd. I have really enjoyed the last couple weeks of mafia, it's been very fun. I have a large game written, Avengers themed. I would like to run it. But if people would rather play something a little more vanilla or just take a break after this game, I won't run it next week. If there is interest though, I'll put up a signup thread and run it starting Monday. I can promise everyone standard 10:30, 1:30, 4:30 deadlines and majos.

I'd play, 1 game per week works. LOL I was mafia in 2 games simultaneously while playing diplomacy and working. That was dumb

Want to get a feel for the crowd. I have really enjoyed the last couple weeks of mafia, it's been very fun. I have a large game written, Avengers themed. I would like to run it. But if people would rather play something a little more vanilla or just take a break after this game, I won't run it next week. If there is interest though, I'll put up a signup thread and run it starting Monday. I can promise everyone standard 10:30, 1:30, 4:30 deadlines and majos.

I’d be down for a big complicated game.

I'll play. Obviously I prefer a slower pace and only one game per week, but I understand I might be in the minority here.

OK I will post a signup thread. Put out the Suque bat signal too, this game should be able to handle plenty of players.

yea you had a pretty tough role too

wfu03 did you roll/rng for roles or pick?

My only modding complaint was changing vote times. If the instructions say they won’t change until the end, they shouldn’t change.

I was really bad my last day. Deserved to die. I did have a thought I was a bad cop, but I wasn't sure where that left me. I knew who AMLO was, but didn't know how he treated the disease. at first I didn't research his response to the disease and thought it made sense another leader could be the cop. Once my investigations turned out to be all stopping the virus aligned I got suspicious and the researched his response. Then I realized I probably was a bad cop, but I started to wonder if I was a civ or not which really confused me. I wasn't unhappy to die at the end because I wanted to see if I was right, and what side I truly was on. Probably overthought it at the end and played it poorly.

Has there been a mafia game where a player is on a different team than he thinks he is on?

I was really bad my last day. Deserved to die. I did have a thought I was a bad cop, but I wasn't sure where that left me. I knew who AMLO was, but didn't know how he treated the disease. at first I didn't research his response to the disease and thought it made sense another leader could be the cop. Once my investigations turned out to be all stopping the virus aligned I got suspicious and the researched his response. Then I realized I probably was a bad cop, but I started to wonder if I was a civ or not which really confused me. I wasn't unhappy to die at the end because I wanted to see if I was right, and what side I truly was on. Probably overthought it at the end and played it poorly.

Has there been a mafia game where a player is on a different team than he thinks he is on?

You're awesome, dude. Keep rockin' hard.

You had an absolutely awful role and the role should be banned. You played well my man

yea you had a pretty tough role too

wfu03 did you roll/rng for roles or pick?

RNG

I only changed one role. Mako originally drew George Soros, but I thought that role was too tough for a someone who basically hadn't played before. So I did another RNG to see who to switch him with. Gooner "won."

You had an absolutely awful role and the role should be banned. You played well my man

Yeah, Bern's role was a negative role for the Civs.

With the numbers we ended up getting, I didn't feel like I could add a 4th mafia faction and I also felt like the mafia factions would be a bit too powerful with 4 members each and the ability to recruit.

So my attempt at balance was two negative value civ roles (AMLO/bern and Italy/BeachBum) and one pure vanilla role.

As I mentioned in the dead chat, I typically think naive or opposite roles are fair game in a closed game but random investigation roles (like 2/3 of the time you are correct) are not. The difference being that you can work out your role's secret if it's consistent, but not if it's random.

I can definitely see how people disagree though.

Back