• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID-19 Mafia Game Thread: The Citizens Stopped the Virus!

was mafia strategy just to leave the noobs alone til the end and kill off best player remaining, for the most part? very nearly worked.
Night hits early on were heavily aimed at gooner. Three nights when a civ should have died, a mafia instead died.

After that, mafia had to start picking off cleared civs (damo, bym, etc.).

my third ever mafia game played, 3 for 3 now, twice as civ once as maf, never killed

i may just retire permanently undefeated

I was afraid mafia was going to hit townie, since Tim said that he was out due to real world stuff and he wasn’t going to make the last day. So it would’ve been just me and you voting on the last day
If anything, we would have hit you. You were clearly locked in on juice next.

Tim had hinted that he believe townie could be the recruit.

my third ever mafia game played, 3 for 3 now, twice as civ once as maf, never killed

i may just retire permanently undefeated

You actually played really well. With your role, the perfect way to play it is to wait until there is a fairly confirmed civ and then have that person learn your identity.

broken cop is a really mean role and I thought Bern did really well until the end when his investigations didn't match his prior claimed list so he was autolynched. Mostly I feel bad for him, that's just a brutal thing to do. Bern did you fuck WF's wife or something? You are officially off my D1 list, congratulations?

If anything, we would have hit you. You were clearly locked in on juice next.

Tim had hinted that he believe townie could be the recruit.

yeah, that was probably a mistake on my part as I ordered the last hit

felt like I was smoked no matter what, so went with who I thought could be persuadable

miscalculation

broken cop is a really mean role and I thought Bern did really well until the end when his investigations didn't match his prior claimed list so he was autolynched. Mostly I feel bad for him, that's just a brutal thing to do. Bern did you fuck WF's wife or something? You are officially off my D1 list, congratulations?

Yeah that was super harsh. Bern deserves IC, 1 time unkillable status for the next 4 games after this.

I like Bern as a player and thought about God modding him off the role, but decided against it.

He was rightfully suspicious on about day 3 or 4.

my ignorance of the rules and norms is what keeps me from dumbtelling sometimes but my strategy is basically just to try not to make reads in the first few days because there's so little to go on, then try and suss out where people are saying illogical or provably wrong things after that, and in the meantime just vote for the most annoying people

I like Bern as a player and thought about God modding him off the role, but decided against it.

He was rightfully suspicious on about day 3 or 4.
I think the one additional step he needed to take once his suspicion arose is to ask, why hasn't mafia tried to kill me?

Perhaps mafia didn't consider him a threat b/c they knew he wasn't accurate? And when his night 2 and night 3 investigations turned up civ and dead, it is likely because the first investigation revealed was actually mafia.

I think he was getting very close to this logic and given another day, may have gotten there.

toogs and juice especially, gg

woke up at like 4 am like what if tim is actually bad, and right before deadline the second to last day when toogs was like, IT'S TIM i was like *i knew it*

great game all. was fun to watch. lots of people had really good games. i havent laughed this much in a mafia game in years

Enjoyed the hell out of this, and enjoyed following along after I got killed. Thanks gents.

Btw, what was the issue that y'all didn't point out at the outset of the game that you thought Toogs was gonna flip shit about?

Back