• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID-19 Mafia - Its OFFICIAL - MAF WINS

Hold please. I had a thought in the middle of the night. I need to find a parlay post.

While I do that, someone tell me about dv7. Have I played with him before? Sorry, no offense you just don't have a name that sticks out after several years away.

who cares.... I'm just flattered that you thought about me in the middle of the night.

How you doin'?

Reactions: tic
Da is more "serious" this game than normal, showing me that he is checked in unlike he would be as a civ, especially a nilla wafer. How many times have you seen a literal 24 hour day overnight with no Da nonsense posts? I guess you're new to maf, but those are rarer than unicorns.

But his votes are hit and miss, showing he doesn't really know who was/is in the mafia team.

Those and process of elimination -- as far as I'm concerned right now your claim and ryala's claim are gospel -- of course that could change if down to 5 players or less, because why else would you be alive then? but I digress.
townie is 95% mafia ***LOCK OF THE DECADE***
blue is an enigma, but will work itself out, but I cannot fathom an indy being this checked out of a game. leaning maf on him tho.
Gooner is laying out well founded arguments and went through an iso'd a shit ton of players before the true end game. i just cannot see a maf member taking the time to do that before they had to. civ lean.
BBD's votes have me thinking not maf, so in the civ column.
QTs tone has been consistent all game long and since Jayterp posters don't seem bothered by it, I assume that's her normal game, plus she's been talking sense and not trying to shitcloud the thread. civ lean.
and I know that i'm town-aligned. (granted, you don't, but this is about my read, so just ignore this one for now i suppose)

that leaves Da and duff. i've given my reasons for Da.
as for duff, i dont know his playing style well either. but has he really contributed anything yet to try to help or has he just been doing hit and run posts? could be his style. could be indy. my choice B for indy if Da isn't.

This is a mafia post, leaves himself wiggle room to vote wherever.

Hold please. I had a thought in the middle of the night. I need to find a parlay post.

While I do that, someone tell me about dv7. Have I played with him before? Sorry, no offense you just don't have a name that sticks out after several years away.

Normally if dv7 is maf, it's extremely obvious.

really now? check your math. 50% is a big slice of the pie.

I accused numbers of it because I couldn't comprehend how he was playing. And now I've accused you, because I see how you're playing.

I rounded up from 35% it appears. If I was the indy, I would be playing the same way - an independent would still play like a civ. I also would not have made as many outlandish pushes, I would have sat back and let everyone else kill people.

I have. Read.

So it's all based on the Roma vote and interaction on D3.

Townie's got a much larger body of suspect work. You still think that DV7 is a better play this round?

Interesting points but I think rommy is too smart to come late with his vote for you. It's possible he was trying to time it perfect but his vote looks more like an attempt to clear you to me. Either you have a more important role or he just got frustrated drawing heat both days. I'm not ready to vote yet but you are certainly a person of interest.

Eaglez is pretty much cleared and there were several good votes that likely are helpful. Some will be more clear once SD3's role is known. If he is a civ, QT is a strong civ lean. Regardless, the timing on dv7's vote makes me lean civ on him.

Thanks Old Man River for only having like 20 posts for me to go through. :heart:

It looks like parlay goes out of his way to clear me, Eagles, dv7, and Duff (through other posts). He also when I looked back put a vote on dv7 to "get a vote in" type deal on dv7 that last round.

Does he really go out of his way to clear 4 civs and not try to throw a teammate in there at all...?

k you won't see any late switches from me, i'm vanilla civ, so not exactly "Safe" kill at this point for town because of numbers, but not as big a loss as all our specials

i don't know if self-pres makes sense for town at this point for a vanilla civ, but i will give my leans on the way out (as a noob playing in my 4th game)

if you want to re-read me when i die, here's how i have played: day 1 and 2 i don't really try and make reads, then starting day 3 i start to look at logic and once there are confirmed players, i tend to follow their leads.

i was mafia with dv7 last game so i tunneled on him hard because he played it so similarly to last game. the fact that he was on me early doesn't necessarily mean anything (sd3 started the first push for me, so it could just be bad play on my part). but i tried to help town as best i could by going and looking at virus fluctuations and iso'd a couple people, that was the best i could think to do to help at that point.

think my votes were generally on the safe side rather than truly bad but i erred on the side of just not switching a lot, except when numbers did a good job convincing me of his alignment even before he full claimed. i think you'll see i was generally right about not wanting to jump on wfu03 even though i think he and ph could have done a lot more to help town.

leans:

civ
duff is the clearest one to me, maybe 10%-20% chance at indy, but not mafia
ryala claim made sense, wish he would have helped more, next most clear
mako also has done a good job both staying alive and came out at a good time for doc. as a noob, this made me suspect but also mafia would leave a noob alive. they won't leave a civ special alive forever though, and if he really is town doc and not helping maf stay alive, it makes sense for maf to kill him.

neutral
qt
gooner and da are kinda interchangeable, i don't have a great read on either. but between them and bbd and dv7, they have more experience and it would be tough to just continue to let them skate. gooner reads as earnestly trying to help town.

maf/indy leans
da has been too agreeable. if he's mafia, he knows i'm civ and that's why he hasn't been pushing me as hard as some of town probably is as this point. but he's tough to read, and if he's town you're gonna need him to win.
bbd gives you very little to go on either, and if maf he's played a good game, but you can only play the noob so much, and some of his votes are suspect
dv7 is 95% mafia lock! just kidding, he may just not be great at reads.
blue often doesn't post a ton in threads, maybe he's real life busy, but this is especially trying to stay out of the spotlight. legit think he's maf special or indy. and if he comes in and votes late this round and is civ, fuck him anyway.

So it's all based on the Roma vote and interaction on D3.

Townie's got a much larger body of suspect work. You still think that DV7 is a better play this round?

Thats part of the problem - the vast majority of DV7s post were from before romanov died. Since then, he has coasted and talked about the indy repeatedly. Its a weird reread. His vote for romanov was good, called him mafromanov was good in reference to deaconblue, but everything else reads bad.

didn't write anything for qt i'm realizing now bc i have no read either way

Townie knows he's gone. Trying to clear Da too on his way out by putting him as his primary mafia suspect? Does that even make sense? My head hurts. But something isn't sitting right between those two.

k you won't see any late switches from me, i'm vanilla civ, so not exactly "Safe" kill at this point for town because of numbers, but not as big a loss as all our specials

i don't know if self-pres makes sense for town at this point for a vanilla civ, but i will give my leans on the way out (as a noob playing in my 4th game)

if you want to re-read me when i die, here's how i have played: day 1 and 2 i don't really try and make reads, then starting day 3 i start to look at logic and once there are confirmed players, i tend to follow their leads.

i was mafia with dv7 last game so i tunneled on him hard because he played it so similarly to last game. the fact that he was on me early doesn't necessarily mean anything (sd3 started the first push for me, so it could just be bad play on my part). but i tried to help town as best i could by going and looking at virus fluctuations and iso'd a couple people, that was the best i could think to do to help at that point.

think my votes were generally on the safe side rather than truly bad but i erred on the side of just not switching a lot, except when numbers did a good job convincing me of his alignment even before he full claimed. i think you'll see i was generally right about not wanting to jump on wfu03 even though i think he and ph could have done a lot more to help town.

leans:

civ
mako also has done a good job both staying alive and came out at a good time for doc. as a noob, this made me suspect but also mafia would leave a noob alive. they won't leave a civ special alive forever though, and if he really is town doc and not helping maf stay alive, it makes sense for maf to kill him.

neutral
qt
gooner and da are kinda interchangeable, i don't have a great read on either. but between them and bbd and dv7, they have more experience and it would be tough to just continue to let them skate. gooner reads as earnestly trying to help town.

maf/indy leans
da has been too agreeable. if he's mafia, he knows i'm civ and that's why he hasn't been pushing me as hard as some of town probably is as this point. but he's tough to read, and if he's town you're gonna need him to win.
bbd gives you very little to go on either, and if maf he's played a good game, but you can only play the noob so much, and some of his votes are suspect
blue often doesn't post a ton in threads, maybe he's real life busy, but this is especially trying to stay out of the spotlight. legit think he's maf special or indy. and if he comes in and votes late this round and is civ, fuck him anyway.

Dont self preserve - I dont think you will have the chance anyway.

Townie knows he's gone. Trying to clear Da too on his way out by putting him as his primary mafia suspect? Does that even make sense? My head hurts. But something isn't sitting right between those two.

Hes voting for DV7.

Oh, also, townie and I are miller masons, chatting about Philadelphia breweries most of the game.

dock st for life their beers suck but it's a great time

Townie4dv7MakoGoonerDuff
BeachBum1Ryala
dv7
1Townie

No Vote: BBD Blue (AA candidate) Da QT

Hes voting for DV7.

Oh, also, townie and I are miller masons, chatting about Philadelphia breweries most of the game.

Yeah, but his half-hearted explanation of having you on a list of primaries because you're too agreeable reads weird to me.

leans:

civ

neutral
qt

maf/indy leans

giphy.gif

I'm a follower, not a leader. I read QT's post (she is clearly much smarter than me and better at this game) and it made me question what I had accepted earlier.

Question... how did you decide I'm much smarter and better at this game than you? Why not pick someone else?!

tenor.gif

This definitely seems like something a couple of the dead mafia members would tell you to drop to "try to get on my good side" or some nonsense.

Question... how did you decide I'm much smarter and better at this game than you? Why not pick someone else?!

tenor.gif

This definitely seems like something a couple of the dead mafia members would tell you to drop to "try to get on my good side" or some nonsense.

Um look at your posts. I was raised by a single mom and I’m the middle child between two sisters. I’m easily cowed by strong willed women who don’t take shit from anyone.

Reactions: tic
Back