• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

901 deaths today in Florida. Who knows how many would really be reported if DeSantis wasn't cookin' the books.

What ever happened to that COVID scientist who was fired for reporting the real numbers??? And then the SWAT team came in her house and pointed guns at her children??

E9wVWbgVIAY3q3N

so we're praising DeSantis for presumably correctly reporting that today is a record day for Covid deaths, which, of course, comes months after every single Floridian over the age of 12 is eligible for a vaccine.

901 deaths today in Florida. Who knows how many would really be reported if DeSantis wasn't cookin' the books.

What ever happened to that COVID scientist who was fired for reporting the real numbers??? And then the SWAT team came in her house and pointed guns at her children??

E9wVWbgVIAY3q3N

What point are you trying to make here? You think this some how make DeSantis look good?

E9wVWbgVIAY3q3N

Also, as long as you are posting in this thread, how do you feel about school dress codes and how do they square with your belief that schools can’t mandate kids wear masks?

E9wVWbgVIAY3q3N

901 mostly preventable deaths in a single day yet Desantis is your hero and we should impeach Biden.

DeSantis won by what, like 0.4% of the vote. Is he even gonna have enough voters next year?

Florida has been reporting low numbers and then running through huge numbers like today.

That 901 was a few days of deaths.

"He's not doing good," Jessica Wallace posted on Facebook. "It's not looking in our favor, his lungs are stiff due to the fibrosis. They called and said they've run out of options for him and asked if I would consent to a do not resuscitate. And it would be up to us when to stop treatments." The 30-year-old father of three, whose wife is expecting their fourth child next month, organized "The San Angelo Freedom Defenders" group last year to push back against pandemic protection measures, and he organized anti-mask rallies and gave multiple interviews questioning public health measures before experiencing shortness of breath, high fever and a dry cough on July 26.

"Every time he would start to cough, it would turn into a coughing attack, and then that would cause him to completely go out of breath," Jessica Wallace said, adding that he initially refused to get tested for COVID-19. "He was so hard-headed. He didn't want to see a doctor, because he didn't want to be part of the statistics with COVID tests." At first, he tried treating himself with ivermectin, high doses of Vitamin C, zinc aspirin and an inhaler, but Wallace was taken July 30 by a relative to the emergency room at Shannon Medical Center, where he joined 33 others hospitalized with the virus.

Last edited:
DeSantis won by what, like 0.4% of the vote. Is he even gonna have enough voters next year?

He should be getting worried. He won by 32,463 votes. There have been 42,761 reported Florida COVID deaths.

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Very true. That helps Republicans survive demographic changes that hurt them in Georgia and Virginia.

But have boomers been moving to Florida at the same rate during the pandemic?

Last edited:

E9wVWbgVIAY3q3N

You really owned the libs on that one.

If y’all dumbasses would stop making little mouth breathing babies we wouldn’t have to worry about masking kids.

Kids are fucking gross and so are people that want them.

i just lost my first patient to COVID since vaccines have been available. So unnecessary. Older guy who was not vaccinated. Sounds like he got if from his grandson, who he was taking care of a few days weekly. I'm only in an outpatient clinic, so wasn't there with him. We communicated via his portal during the process. He started out stubborn and left the hospital against medical advice before family brought him back a few days later. He refused our COVID nurse support while he was back home. I had to check in with him multiple times daily to make sure he was ok. It was chilling experiencing it with him when he went back in, especially when he got to the point that he realized "my odds aren't good". He deteriorated quickly. His last couple messages were nonsensical. The last message he sent where he seemed to have some insight, he asked me for advice. I started with reinforcing that he do everything the doctors ask of him this time and provided some words of encouragement. I finished by telling him that when (edited from "if") you get out, tell your family, friends, anyone you care about that is eligible for the vaccine, to get vaccinated as soon as they can. He didn't get out.
It is a different feeling. Normally, when I am informed that I've lost a patient, I stop whatever I am doing. i reflect on my memories of them and who they were. In the midst of sadness, I find gratitude that I had the honor of being a part of their journey. All of those emotions are motivating to try give everything I have to the patients that are still in front of me. Knowing the loss I will one day feel, makes even those mundane moments with them special.
This time, I just felt tired.

RIP, Jim.

Also, as long as you are posting in this thread, how do you feel about school dress codes and how do they square with your belief that schools can’t mandate kids wear masks?

i am quoting this because brad obviously has you on ignore

Back