• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

That executive order forbidding mandatory masking for schools may come back to haunt DeSantis if these types of statistics keep popping up.

They’re toxic individuals as well since they’re breathing out unvaccinated unmasked death.

21,683 new cases in Florida reported on Saturday.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyl...ment-florida-01fa89e1d9491ab075c5deb689af1ea8

The major theme parks are requiring masks indoors for everyone. Disney requiring employees to get vaccinated.

I'm wondering how Disney is getting away with that in CA. I'm told we can't require it as long as the vaccine is under emergency use authorization. I mean I guess they can require it and just lose a court case.

Florida has enough sociopaths who love this shit that it won’t hurt him too much. Think Angus but on bath salts.

Florida has enough sociopaths who love this shit that it won’t hurt him too much. Think Angus but on bath salts.

Still crazy that they're about to beat their previous peak despite the amount of vaccinated folks out there.

What's it like down in FL, are bars packed with unmasked folks? Or are ya seeing masks on the streets?

Is brasky constantly making stereotypical comments about broad groups of people problematic?

What's it like down in FL, are bars packed with unmasked folks? Or are ya seeing masks on the streets?

I rarely see people masked indoors in FL.

What’s going on in Chicago? Is it restaurants deciding to only serve vaccinated people?

What’s going on in Chicago? Is it restaurants deciding to only serve vaccinated people?

lollapalloza madness outdoors

The Cubs decided to move to single A ball.

Florida barely acknowledged the pandemic to start with. As early as June 2020 people were in bars and restaurants all over without masks.

Is brasky constantly making stereotypical comments about broad groups of people problematic?

Possibly

Although the boomers comment spoke to the generational ethos, which obviously doesn’t apply to every single person. Plenty of boomers objected to the religion of Reagan but that didn’t stop society from pushing the message that greed is good and that (much reduced) individual charity is better than community wide support.

It’s why our modern Robber Barons make these “grand” gestures of charity while pushing behind close doors to pay zero in taxes. They actually believe they’re doing good even though it’s a drastic net negative for society, it’s how they were raised.

Last edited:
Florida with a record number of hospitalizations.

“The Sunshine State had 10,207 people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

The previous record was from July 23, 2020, more than a half-year before vaccinations started becoming widespread, when Florida had 10,170 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Hospital Association.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...a-breaks-record-for-covid-19-hospitalizations

It takes a stunning level of incompetence to have more hospitalizations when half the population is vaccinated and is very unlikely to have to go to the hospital.

“Florida is now leading the nation in per capita hospitalizations for COVID-19, as hospitals around the state report having to put emergency room visitors in beds in hallways and others document a noticeable drop in the age of patients.

In the past week, Florida has averaged 1,525 adult hospitalizations a day, and 35 daily pediatric hospitalizations. Both are the highest per capita rate in the nation, according to Jason Salemi, an associate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida.”

35 kids a day before school starts.

Florida with a record number of hospitalizations.

“The Sunshine State had 10,207 people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

The previous record was from July 23, 2020, more than a half-year before vaccinations started becoming widespread, when Florida had 10,170 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Hospital Association.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...a-breaks-record-for-covid-19-hospitalizations

It takes a stunning level of incompetence to have more hospitalizations when half the population is vaccinated and is very unlikely to have to go to the hospital.

“Florida is now leading the nation in per capita hospitalizations for COVID-19, as hospitals around the state report having to put emergency room visitors in beds in hallways and others document a noticeable drop in the age of patients.

In the past week, Florida has averaged 1,525 adult hospitalizations a day, and 35 daily pediatric hospitalizations. Both are the highest per capita rate in the nation, according to Jason Salemi, an associate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida.”

35 kids a day before school starts.

Your GOP governor superhero at work, ladies and gentlemen. Just issued an executive order forbidding school districts from making masking mandatory, or vaccinations. I'm sure that Rich Lowry and The National Review will have some explanation for how this only makes him look even better, and how this means he's completely owning the libs yet again.

I saw Florida Republicans applaud DeSantis for his “decisive action” when all DeSantis did was make it illegal for any elected official to be decisive.

Back