• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Oh shit guys did you hear that the virus mutated, it’s called delta something, anyways apparently this variant is much more contagious and possibly more severe. Anyways first I heard of it.

You are apparently way ahead of some folks here…

LSU is requiring vaccination or negative PCR test to attend football games.

I am so tired of this shit. Kids should wear masks inside in school until they prove the vaccine is safe for kids under 16. If you don't want your kid to wear a mask, leave him home. Kids are getting sick and dying. What other evidence do you need?

Then, we need to mandate vaccinations. Done and done. The selfish, unvaccinated people are allowing this shit to go on straining resources and causing death where it is not necessary.
Of the 3 medical facilities in my area, 96.3% of the COVID hospitalizations are unvaccinated individuals. And when coming out of the hospital many of the shits interviewed still say they won't get vaccinated.

I'd round their asses up and throw them in a pen. Even the most dedicated health care professionals I know are tired of treating their sorry asses.
If you feel your freedoms are being so violated go live somewhere else. I for one would like to go about living the years I have left without wondering whether one of you POS will infect my ass, no matter how small the possibility is.

Couldn't agree more. Granted, most of these unvaccinated douche bags are all catching covid anyways, and some dying, so things have a way of working out. But yeah, I think it should be federally mandated

Yes - So why the uptick in hospitalizations if the science is being followed? Did Hawaii just stop following the science over the summer? Or are we back to blaming all of the COVID infected tourists for the spike?

We know based on data that vaccines work. Is it possible 'strict mask mandates' is a flawed policy?

is it possible that without mandates the situation would be even worse? you freedumb to not wear a mask hurts other people and further creates the potential for new WORSE variants to keep popping up. had you and your ilk worn masks and followed advice from day, and you know they did not, the lockdown/mask mandates/social distancing would have been in place for a far shorter LESS ECONOMY killing time frame. but masks are hard. they cause ouchies. oh, and i can't bweath so good.

So the court order was finally lifted??? Good for you!!!

ZING! I got GOT!! don't worry dude. you'll be back to ogling sombrero wearing coeds in no time I am sure.

I am so tired of this shit. Kids should wear masks inside in school until they prove the vaccine is safe for kids under 16. If you don't want your kid to wear a mask, leave him home. Kids are getting sick and dying. What other evidence do you need?

Then, we need to mandate vaccinations. Done and done. The selfish, unvaccinated people are allowing this shit to go on straining resources and causing death where it is not necessary.
Of the 3 medical facilities in my area, 96.3% of the COVID hospitalizations are unvaccinated individuals. And when coming out of the hospital many of the shits interviewed still say they won't get vaccinated.

I'd round their asses up and throw them in a pen. Even the most dedicated health care professionals I know are tired of treating their sorry asses.
If you feel your freedoms are being so violated go live somewhere else. I for one would like to go about living the years I have left without wondering whether one of you POS will infect my ass, no matter how small the possibility is.

yep.

There’s a certain trend here, can’t quite put my finger on it.

Not pictured there but in the article: White non-college grads: 60%. White college grads: 80%. I'm honestly surprised the non-college grad number is that high. The vast majority of white, non-college graduates I know are adamant anti-vaxxers (mostly from eastern NC). They're the ones who've got it all figured out. They're also all lock-step Trump supporters.

Cross tabs is where the answer is, if you are over 65 your desire to own the libs, listen to shitty conservative takes, and Facebook ramblings came crashing into your desire to live.

Not pictured there but in the article: White non-college grads: 60%. White college grads: 80%. I'm honestly surprised the non-college grad number is that high. The vast majority of white, non-college graduates I know are adamant anti-vaxxers (mostly from eastern NC). They're the ones who've got it all figured out. They're also all lock-step Trump supporters.

Rural residents are 52% so white rural residents like in eastern NC are likely quite a bit under that.

Wait, are vaccinations really higher among latinos and blacks than whites?
I hope those numbers are right!

Back