• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

525k+ and the vaccine's most important trait is a placebo effect?

Thats the hottest of hot takes.

Most of whom who, unfortunately, were going to die of something in the relevant time period anyway. It sucks, but that's life. Millions of people die every year from a variety of reasons, and those in the worst health are usually going to be the ones at the front of the line. The vast, vast, majority of the population has had nothing to worry about from Covid, and getting vaccinated will not materially affect their situation in any way. But, if getting vaccinated gets the collective mentality to that same spot, then shoot up.

Shredded lungs and long haul symptoms from asymptomatic and uncomplicated infections would like to have a word.

h3jdpsaa2d8ayd7r_1601623630.jpeg

Most of whom who, unfortunately, were going to die of something in the relevant time period anyway. It sucks, but that's life. Millions of people die every year from a variety of reasons, and those in the worst health are usually going to be the ones at the front of the line. The vast, vast, majority of the population has had nothing to worry about from Covid, and getting vaccinated will not materially affect their situation in any way. But, if getting vaccinated gets the collective mentality to that same spot, then shoot up.

Total load of crap! 500,000+ were not going to die this year without Covid.

This is just not true.

Georgia opening up vaccines to 55+ and those with underlying conditions.

Looks like I’ll be eligible on Monday.

In what regions of Florida is the public university the largest employer. I'll give you Gainesville. Where else ?

I should have said public higher education institutions in general to be more inclusive of community colleges.

It's a pretty common across the country. Feel free to do your homework. If I remember correctly, the UNC system is the biggest employer in NC. That doesn't even count NC Community Colleges. That's the case for several other states as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Wells Fargo has more employees than UNC-Charlotte though, so your point still stands.

This is just not true.

Yep

Of course it’s true that the most vulnerable have been at greatest risk of death from COVID-19.

But definitely not the case that all, or I suspect a good majority of, those dying from COVID-19 would have died anyway by now.

And the losses are quite significant to those left behind. And exceed by a good bit what was unavoidable.

Number of deaths in NC rose 17% from 2019 to 2020. Most years it is around a 3% increase.

Dude from California shitting on someone else State. Now that’s rich.

You're so right. The state with the biggest economy, best weather, lots of activities, creativity, etc. vs. GA? Or SC? TN? AL? FL?

You're so right. The state with the biggest economy, best weather, lots of activities, creativity, etc. vs. GA? Or SC? TN? AL? FL?

Lives in LA, touts the enjoyability of a vacation in Philly.

Credibility = 0

Earthquakes, highest homeless rate in the Country, inflated housing costs, mudslides, fires, taxes galore, budget chaos, out of control Unions.
All three of my Children now live in California and I’m still wondering whether it was something I said.

Unions are minor issues in CA. I'll take a rare serious quake over tornados, ice storms, etc.

RE: taxes- If you want to get the best seats, you've gotta pay the ticket price.

I should have said public higher education institutions in general to be more inclusive of community colleges.

It's a pretty common across the country. Feel free to do your homework. If I remember correctly, the UNC system is the biggest employer in NC. That doesn't even count NC Community Colleges. That's the case for several other states as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Wells Fargo has more employees than UNC-Charlotte though, so your point still stands.

And yet this country is still overrun with dumbasses.

Back