• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Deacpops:

California is a shithole. Why would anyone in their right mind ever want to live there.

It's the gift that keeps giving. The other night #2 son (WF04), his wife and my two month old Granddaughter is waiting for takeout, sitting outside a restaurant in Sacramento. A car drives by shooting paint balls, about 100 yards away. WF gets hit three times, leg, back and shoulder and my daughter-in-law gets hit in the back of her head. Fortunately they shielded the baby. The cops nearby chase down the car, two juveniles and an adult, now sitting in a cell, the adult charged with felony assault. Made the local news.
Fortunately, everyone's ok and I guess it could happen anywhere though eyes, career etc. could have been lost. But way to go California.

Wait, is Al Farouq Aminu playing for the Sacramento Kings now ? Or was he the BB gun bandit ?

Deacpops:

California is a shithole. Why would anyone in their right mind ever want to live there.

It's the gift that keeps giving. The other night #2 son (WF04), his wife and my two month old Granddaughter is waiting for takeout, sitting outside a restaurant in Sacramento. A car drives by shooting paint balls, about 100 yards away. WF gets hit three times, leg, back and shoulder and my daughter-in-law gets hit in the back of her head. Fortunately they shielded the baby. The cops nearby chase down the car, two juveniles and an adult, now sitting in a cell, the adult charged with felony assault. Made the local news.
Fortunately, everyone's ok and I guess it could happen anywhere though eyes, career etc. could have been lost. But way to go California.

For sure that’s shitty. But not sure it’s the fault of California.

We have family in several places in CA...always enjoy the place when we’re there.

:noidea:

The Sacramento area has a lot more in common with NC/SC than it does with LA, SD, SF, Silicon Valley.

Just gonna add that there is some really great birding spots in California. Like, REALLY great.

04 says Swinton shot the paint balls........
Yes, Swinton was a Wake Forest freshman basketball player who shot the paintballs from the roof of luter dormitory while I was trying to sleep. I discussed with your son the next day at school. I am not Kevin Swinton.
Wait, is Al Farouq Aminu playing for the Sacramento Kings now ? Or was he the BB gun bandit ?
Yes, I think farouq was a passenger in the bb bandit car when he was still a high schooler but had already committed to play at wake

"States with Democratic governors had the highest incidence and death rates from COVID-19 in the first months of the coronavirus pandemic, but states with Republican governors surpassed those rates as the crisis dragged on, a study released Tuesday found." Hmm...

Conclusion: Gubernatorial party affiliation may drive policy decisions that impact COVID-19 infections and deaths across the U.S. Future policy decisions should be guided by public health considerations rather than political ideology.

No shit, but good luck with that in Republican-run places.

"States with Democratic governors had the highest incidence and death rates from COVID-19 in the first months of the coronavirus pandemic, but states with Republican governors surpassed those rates as the crisis dragged on, a study released Tuesday found." Hmm...

States with democratic governors are overwhelmingly the highest population density states, Including all the ones in colder climates.

States with democratic governors are overwhelmingly the highest population density states, Including all the ones in colder climates.

In spite of articles and covid studies like the one above, Fox News, the National Review, and other right-wing outlets continue to push the narrative that the actions of DeSantis during the pandemic have been wildly successful - far more so than blue-state governors who listened to the experts (who are always wrong, amirite)? DeSantis was on Tucker Carlson's show a few days ago bragging on himself for doing the exact opposite of what New York and other LibDem controlled states did. He's a hero, don't you know. Just ask him!

Link: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron-desantis-florida-exact-opposite-of-new-york-coronavirus

Back