• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

I can’t tell for sure what is the green line from the labeling…but if > 80% of Democrats have already been vaccinated, that’s fantastic.

The green line is “i have already been vaccinated.” This might just be DC residents. There was no source posted on the data so I am not sure if this is nationwide or a local population survey.

I can’t tell for sure what is the green line from the labeling…but if > 80% of Democrats have already been vaccinated, that’s fantastic.

There seems to be a big difference between "plan to take a coronvirus vaccine" and "they've already been vaccinated". Looks like the tweet is incorrectly interpreting the graph maybe?

Fuck, no reason then we couldn’t and shouldn’t be at > 80 percent of all adults.

That would be truly wonderful.

C’mon Pubs.

There seems to be a big difference between "plan to take a coronvirus vaccine" and "they've already been vaccinated". Looks like the tweet is incorrectly interpreting the graph maybe?

Plan to take goes down as the percentage who have taken goes up. Seems fine to me.

Plan to take goes down as the percentage who have taken goes up. Seems fine to me.

This is correct. In a perfect world they should be inversely related as time progresses, but with "can't take" and "won't take" categories so we end up with P("plan to take"[t]) + P("can't take"[t]) + P("won't take"[t]) ~ 1-P("already taken"[t]), where P stands for proportion and [t] is the day.

We had an outdoor playdate with our former next door neighbors this past weekend. They have a child with a rare genetic mutation that affects a lot of his systems, so they have been extra cautious this year. They got their other three kids (all 3 and under) into a vaccine trial already. They said it was a dosing trial, so they know they got the real vaccine and they are randomized into getting 1 or 2 doses? I think

So say it stays with like 90% of Dems and 50% of Pubs gets vaccinated, does it just disappear in cities and just continue to circulate in the rural areas for the next year?

So say it stays with like 90% of Dems and 50% of Pubs gets vaccinated, does it just disappear in cities and just continue to circulate in the rural areas for the next year?

Yeah. Schools that don't require COVID vaccines could spread COVID through communities. I wouldn't be surprised if variants start emerging in areas of the country.

not sure if it will disappear in cities, but more rural areas where i don't think the vaccinated #s will be as high will stick around for a while. what is concerning it that those rural areas do not have as much access to refined medical care to treat C-19 and more aging populations. therefore i think rural areas may have increased % of deaths than stats currently show.

i think/hope more rural areas will get vaccinated, eventually, but can't force people to take it...

It won't disappear anywhere, but it may become the Republican flu.

NYC partnering with Shake Shake to encourage people to get the vaccine by offering them free fries with any burger purchase seems like the future neoliberals (in the truest sense of the term) wanted

Who is that going to convince? The fries are the worst item on Shake Shack’s menu and it’s not even close

It’s funny because for a little while Shake Shack tried to do hand cut fries but they too sucked so they went back to the shitty crinkle ones. I usually skip the fries in favor of a concrete.

Back