• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Maybe like deep in Maine toward the border or in the UP?

Nope and nope

Maine.jpg

UP.jpg

Democrats actually take the virus seriously. They wear masks and social distance.

Uneducated white people still not wearing a mask. This is why I will not go within 100 miles of a Wal-MArt.

You are probably safe if you can manage 1% of your preferred distance.

He should but he won't. Hell, that's why many of his supporters voted for him. Punish those coastal elite blue states! Make them suffer!

Outside of Obamacare and healthcare in general..... what are the democratic positions, and how are they marketed that help the rural white voter?

I agree that Democrats are terrible at messaging, although in this case it has less to do with messaging and marketing and more to do with hyperpartisanship that will allow Republicans and right-wing media to instantly pretend that President Biden is responsible for the pandemic and the shutdown and subsequent economic fallout, even though of course he's had nothing to do with those things for the past year.

183K new cases yesterday. Hell, something like 1 in 3 residents of the Dakotas will have had it by the Spring at this rate. And 3M makes a big chunk of its N-95 masks in Aberdeen.

I can tell you...there are a lot of famblies for whom this has become all of a sudden “real”.

Going to be a long and difficult winter. 🙁

I’m excited how many people will think Covid is a national problem in about 70 days.

University of Cincinnati:

Minnesota GOP sent virus alert only to its side of the aisle

TEXT SIZE
EMAIL
PRINT
MORE
A day after it was revealed that GOP state Sen. Dave Senjem tested positive for COVID-19 after attending a Nov. 5 party caucus, news broke that Republican senators and staffers were informed in a Tuesday memo that “a number of [GOP Senate] members and staff have been diagnosed with COVID-19.”

DFLers were not informed of the rash of cases on the other side of the aisle.

DFL=Democratic Farm Labor party, which is, for some reason, what Minnesota calls their Democrats.

Back