• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Without opining on the moral value of Ph getting the vaccine when he did, its naive as shit to post about it here and not think that the vultures would swarm.

Word on the street is that the two big vaccination drives at BofA Stadium and Johnson C. Smith University next weekend have lots of open appointments, but are still only vaccinating Groups 1-3, which seems dumb.

Without opining on the moral value of Ph getting the vaccine when he did, its naive as shit to post about it here and not think that the vultures would swarm.

It’s also pretty disingenuous for people here to pretend like if they had a chance to get the vaccine they would honorably step aside and let an over weight smoker get it instead.

The bigger story is the white supremacy culture in the military didn't force the troops to shoot PhDeac on the spot after checking his id and confirming he's black.

It’s also pretty disingenuous for people here to pretend like if they had a chance to get the vaccine they would honorably step aside and let an over weight smoker get it instead.

Of course its disingenuous. That's the way things go around here. Look no further than Brad's shitty attempt at humor in the post below yours for further confirmation.

The tag line on this board should be updated from "Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely" to "It's (D)ifferent when we (D)o it"

Word on the street is that the two big vaccination drives at BofA Stadium and Johnson C. Smith University next weekend have lots of open appointments, but are still only vaccinating Groups 1-3, which seems dumb.

I've heard from friends in the medical field that doses are "sitting on shelves" right now.

This weekend, I saw the state might be moving groups faster.

It was inevitable we’d begin with a vaccine shortage relative to the need.

IMO it’s amazing we’ve got several decent vaccines and that, likely, before long, we’ll have a greater supply than demand.

And unsurprising we ‘mericans can’t just be a little more patient and sensible before resuming indoor congregate dining, etc.

CDC started posting demographic data of vaccine recipients one month ago today

on 2/8, among U.S. seniors 65+, 30% had at least one dose, and 4% had 2 doses

with this afternoon's update, 4 weeks later, we'll have 60%+ of seniors with at least one dose, and 30% with 2 doses

we are making very good progress among seniors, and in many pockets we will soon bump up against vaccine hesitancy as the primary obstacle

I'd be willing to be that most of us could get it--maybe today--if we were willing to lie about our age/profession/risk factors. I know I could. But I don't qualify yet, so I'm waiting my turn. So yeah, I'm pissed off when someone cheats and cuts in line and then comes on here and tries to defend his actions like a smug asshole.

I never knew I was a front line worker until receiving an email from the head of my organization stating I was eligible to receive the vaccine now. I have only had a handful of in person meetings since May. I went ahead and got Pfizer on Friday. Nobody verified anything except that I checked front line worker. Go get your vax on. So many folks are refusing to get the vaccine that in a few weeks anyone that wants one is going to be able to roll up to their Walgreens anyway.

Of course its disingenuous. That's the way things go around here. Look no further than Brad's shitty attempt at humor in the post below yours for further confirmation.

If District and others want to be in Brad’s proud company, I guess that is their call. It’s not like Ph donated to DeSantiss campaign fund and then jumped 37 million spots in the vaccine line. He heard that FEMA sites were considering college teachers as teachers, which they are, then went and showed his ID and got the shot. The reaction here is a bit ridiculous. I’m happy for the guy, and I’m going to try it myself.

I'd be willing to be that most of us could get it--maybe today--if we were willing to lie about our age/profession/risk factors. I know I could. But I don't qualify yet, so I'm waiting my turn. So yeah, I'm pissed off when someone cheats and cuts in line and then comes on here and tries to defend his actions like a smug asshole.

But Ph didn’t lie or cheat. He went to the site, showed his ID and they determined that he qualified. Where is your outrage over DeSantis trading money for shots?

But Ph didn’t lie or cheat. He went to the site, showed his ID and they determined that he qualified. Where is your outrage over DeSantis trading money for shots?

Such bullshit. He's not qualified under the terms of the law, and he knew it. And neither are you, and you know it. If an officer lets you get away with doing something illegal, that doesn't make it legal. If everyone behaved like that, there would be anarchy, and the people that the legislature has deemed most vulnerable won't be vaccinated. But I guess you guys are special, so go right ahead.

DeSantis doesn't post on this board.

Got the JnJ yesterday at 415. Had crazy chills overnight and my arm is sore as shit today but other than that I feel fine.

Let's just say there are a lot of situational ethics and rationalizing at play here.

WGAF. go get the shot if you can. ya'll must be really bored

if you really cared, you'd go volunteer to assist the elderly in scheduling their appointments

Back