• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Settle down - This was a reference to PhDeac's previous posts on the military and its culture of white supremacy.

But no fear... now the troops are GOOD!!!

Says the dude that loves to fap to videos of sombrero wearing coeds.

I can 100% confirm this happened. I have a friend who's in-laws are crazy loaded and own a vacation home in Florida. They had the vaccine at their private community clinic well before the general public got it. Desantis needs to go jail for this bullshit.

OK, first we gotta sort out who's allowed to play on what sports team, then we gotta sort out the definition of "Teacher" in Florida, then we can get up set about pay for play vaccination sites.

I can 100% confirm this happened. I have a friend who's in-laws are crazy loaded and own a vacation home in Florida. They had the vaccine at their private community clinic well before the general public got it. Desantis needs to go jail for this bullshit.

Have you contacted DeaconSig's "Covid Scientist" down in FL to let her know about this so she can drop this bombshell on her Twitter followers?

Hopefully she gives full credit to BillBrasky and ogboards.com for the scoop from his friend's in-laws.

Have you contacted DeaconSig's "Covid Scientist" down in FL to let her know about this so she can drop this bombshell on her Twitter followers?

Hopefully she gives full credit to BillBrasky and ogboards.com for the scoop from his friend's in-laws.

giphy.gif

DeSantis is a fucking crook just like every other Trumpian leader. I didn't need this scandal to know that.

Of course it is Florida so they'll probably make him governor for life.

DeSantis is a fucking crook just like every other Trumpian leader. I didn't need this scandal to know that.

Of course it is Florida so they'll probably make him governor for life.

They did elect the biggest crook in American healthcare history to be governor then senator.

I'd like to say that I don't begrudge anybody getting the shot when they can, but I think I do. Like Florida, my state clearly says "k-12" teachers and staff and that necessarily excludes faculty and staff at community colleges, colleges, and universities.

That said, birdman is right that it is fucked that colleges were pressured by many states to open for business and then their employees not prioritized for vaccination.

Yeah the teacher thing besides not including all educators, I think here it was a struggle even to get daycare and childcare workers included, is that its just a loudest voice in the room all politics. We call other frontline workers essential, we celebrate them as heroes for not even having the option to work from home, and then when it comes time to protect them its just complete shit and silence. Recycling/yard waste pickup has gone to alternating weeks in Atlanta because too many public servants are currently out recovering from covid.

There are people 65+ in my area who want the vaccine but have not gotten it yet, so I am not going to try to jump ahead of them. I think I will be covered in the next group. Although I do not consider my job “essential” my employer does and I have consistently gone to the office over the past year.

I've been teaching in person the entire pandemic, but my state still hasn't opened vaccinations to cancer sufferers/survivors and grocery clerks. So I think I would feel guilty as hell if I jumped them, "grey area" or not.

That said, I'm ready for this fuggin vaccine

There are people 65+ in my area who want the vaccine but have not gotten it yet, so I am not going to try to jump ahead of them. I think I will be covered in the next group. Although I do not consider my job “essential” my employer does and I have consistently gone to the office over the past year.

honestly, at this point it is everybody for themselves in getting the vaccine. the rollout has been bad...here is TN they were/are giving more to rural areas, of course that is where GOP Bill Lee and Blackburn have their supporters and not in the big cities. it's fucked up and we were rated #49 in the rollout just last week.

luckily i got mine months ago through work, but wife has been hitting all of the fringe methods and got her first yesterday. she was able to sign up with Kroger for "overflow" since we live close.

just have to do what you have to do...

It could be 10 posts and that part of PA would still be boring. :)

my ex-wife told me that my current wife and I are eligible to get the vaccine now because our 17 year old son has a heart condition. She and her boyfriend already got shots. I told her i'd just wait for my actual turn in line.

my ex-wife told me that my current wife and I are eligible to get the vaccine now because our 17 year old son has a heart condition. She and her boyfriend already got shots. I told her i'd just wait for my actual turn in line.

sounds like she wants a 3some

I'd like to say that I don't begrudge anybody getting the shot when they can, but I think I do. Like Florida, my state clearly says "k-12" teachers and staff and that necessarily excludes faculty and staff at community colleges, colleges, and universities.

That said, birdman is right that it is fucked that colleges were pressured by many states to open for business and then their employees not prioritized for vaccination.

Just to clarify. Public universities in Florida were not "pressured" to open they were required.

Meanwhile I follow a guy on Twitter, who is a professional "science communicator" and an Adjunct Faculty at Farleigh Dickinson College who got the vaccine yesterday in Pennsylvania... But Ph is a cheating lying lawbreaking renegade.

So it would appear that while Ph was actively shaming me on the chat thread for admitting to eating in a restaurant, he was simultaneously waiting in line to steal a vaccine shot from an essential worker in Florida so that he can eat in restaurants.

Just to clarify. Public universities in Florida were not "pressured" to open they were required.

Meanwhile I follow a guy on Twitter, who is a professional "science communicator" and an Adjunct Faculty at Farleigh Dickinson College who got the vaccine yesterday in Pennsylvania... But Ph is a cheating lying lawbreaking renegade.

Yeah, it's really hard for you to understand that different states might have different guidelines for shot distribution.

Well I guess I'm just jealous that phdeac got his shot and annoyed that he did it by defying clear guidelines because I'm too chickenshit (or principled, not sure which) to take advantage of the lax authentication at vaccination sites.

That said, I don't think he's a monster nor will I judge him much for this. I just think it's kinda unfair to the rest of us who want to follow the rules. Even if the rules themselves aren't necessarily equitable.

Back