• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Yes. He is. Boot straps and goose steps. Your modern GQP! No need to take care of people. Just find a reason, however flimsy, and make the claim. You don't need THAT job. Just get another. Kids need to be in school now. Don't worry though we don't need money for additional precautions. Its not like kids and teachers can't pass it around and infect loved ones at home. Safety is not job one for the death cult.

Does a state's guidelines constitute a moral imperative?

Should an 85 year old with cancer and a heart condition inherently be in front of a 42 year old father of three from a moral perspective? If so, why?

I’m with Ph and birdman. As a fellow essential healthcare worker and teacher, I too have been vaccinated. All I had to do was show my CrossFit certification and they had a spot for me 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
I’m with Ph and birdman. As a fellow essential healthcare worker and teacher, I too have been vaccinated. All I had to do what show my CrossFit certification and they had a spot for me 3 weeks ago.

I kinda like this guy now.

You're suggesting that College Professors should just quit rather than add them to the eligibility list?

Nope - I actually agree college professors should be added to the eligibility list after every pre-school and K-12 teacher receives the vaccination. No issues there.

My suggestion was nobody "required" you to do anything which is a fact whether you like it or not. Therefore, you should have the option to quit if you feel unfairly at risk.

Just spitballin' here but SUNY likely has some open faculty positions.

everyone i know who has gotten the vaccine is either obese or wildly unhealthy or is a boomer+ who refused to wear masks and went out and about as normal, anyway.

the people who follow the rules get the biggest shaft.

*knight has entered the chat*

Florida is opening to 60+ next week citing softening demand.

I qualify for a gray area out of state and made the decision not to get my vaccine. The reality is that I don’t “need” it right now but I very much “want” it.

Now, my wife is due in July and if she were due in March or April, I probably would have made an appointment.

So it would appear that while Ph was actively shaming me on the chat thread for admitting to eating in a restaurant, he was simultaneously waiting in line to steal a vaccine shot from an essential worker in Florida so that he can eat in restaurants.

Well I guess I'm just jealous that phdeac got his shot and annoyed that he did it by defying clear guidelines because I'm too chickenshit (or principled, not sure which) to take advantage of the lax authentication at vaccination sites.

That said, I don't think he's a monster nor will I judge him much for this. I just think it's kinda unfair to the rest of us who want to follow the rules. Even if the rules themselves aren't necessarily equitable.

I love the hyperbole here.

I love the hyperbole here.

No hyperbole from me.

The "monster" was repeating birdman's language from earlier in the thread.

The guidelines clearly say "k-12 school employees", not "educators" in general. You thought you could get away with it and you did. I suppose I could get away with it too, but I'm not going to try.

Ph, are your graduate students eligible for the vaccine?

Ph, are your graduate students eligible for the vaccine?

They are considered students and educators because they have an officially recognized union as employees.

Does a state's guidelines constitute a moral imperative?

Should an 85 year old with cancer and a heart condition inherently be in front of a 42 year old father of three from a moral perspective? If so, why?

I think that 85 year old should be able to get vaccinated without a lot of difficulty at this point...?

But sure, it most likely makes sense if one MUST prioritize to put that 85 year old ahead of the 42 year old.

So, I got dose one of moderna today. I went to Walmart and told them I am an 87 year old obese asthmatic with diabetes and nobody checked nuthin. The whole thing took 20 minutes.

You sure that warn't a Modirna shot?

I say a dude a sellin' them on the corner.

So, I got dose one of moderna today. I went to Walmart and told them I am an 87 year old obese asthmatic with diabetes and nobody checked nuthin. The whole thing took 20 minutes.

You should go back tomorrow and get the Pfizer. Just because you can.

Back