• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

There are people 65+ in my area who want the vaccine but have not gotten it yet, so I am not going to try to jump ahead of them. I think I will be covered in the next group. Although I do not consider my job “essential” my employer does and I have consistently gone to the office over the past year.

Dunno where you live but if you’re able to in NC and haven’t gotten your vaccine in the next week or two you should be skipped. It’s incredibly easy and we shouldn’t be waiting on people dragging their feet.

Privileged douchebags like Junebug, supporter of a racist party and "originalist judges" who uphold their racist policies, getting irrationally angry at a black man, a member of a race that is woefully underrepresented in its share of vaccinations in comparison to its percent of total population, and even more underrepresented in comparison to its shared of total cases and deaths, for getting vaccinated can fuck right off. You've definitely overtaken Wrangor as the fucking worst.

Never seen Junebug this angry before. I wonder why?

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

I love the notion that there is some sort of infallible ethical standard for who gets the vaccine and when they get it while there is substantial geographic variation in access and eligibility, the standards were arbitrarily/politically set (why are professors not considered teachers?) and the people that set the rules are taking cash donations to allow rich people to jump the line. Ph’s action don’t involve cheating or lying, all he did was show up and hope for the best.

For what it’s worth, I did actually get the Moderna vax today. I called Walmart to get on the wait list for unused vaccine and they said “can you come right now? We’ve got 18 doses we are fixin’ to throw away this evening, if no one wants ‘em.” So I drove over and got it. Seemed pretty unethical to let it go to waste. I also texted all of my local friends that they should go too. The pharmacist literally thanked me for coming in.

Why the F are their 18 unused doses? That’s kinda a the real question...

Are you lined up to get a second dose?

I love the notion that there is some sort of infallible ethical standard for who gets the vaccine and when they get it while there is substantial geographic variation in access and eligibility, the standards were arbitrarily/politically set (why are professors not considered teachers?) and the people that set the rules are taking cash donations to allow rich people to jump the line. Ph’s action don’t involve cheating or lying, all he did was show up and hope for the best.

For what it’s worth, I did actually get the Moderna vax today. I called Walmart to get on the wait list for unused vaccine and they said “can you come right now? We’ve got 18 doses we are fixin’ to throw away this evening, if no one wants ‘em.” So I drove over and got it. Seemed pretty unethical to let it go to waste. I also texted all of my local friends that they should go too. The pharmacist literally thanked me for coming in.

I showed up because I was told the reality on the ground was different than what was reported in the news. That was correct.

Somehow that’s lying and cheating?

18 seems low after an entire day of distribution. That’s good news. Sometimes people can’t make appointments. They may have gotten it elsewhere. Some anti-vaxxers are supposedly booking appointments and not showing up. Who knows? Contact your local Wal-Mart.

I showed up because I was told the reality on the ground was different than what was reported in the news. That was correct.

18 seems low after an entire day of distribution. That’s good news. Sometimes people can’t make appointments. They may have gotten it elsewhere. Some anti-vaxxers are supposedly booking appointments and not showing up. Who knows? Contact your local Wal-Mart.

“I knew I wasn’t eligible, but I went anyways.”

Is that so hard to say?

Or contact a Walmart in the county, deep in trump country.

You realize the people checking IDs aren't doing full background checks on people? Can you imagine doing that for every permutation via age, complication, profession. They're just checking to make sure you are who you say you are and that you are a state resident. They're otherwise relying on people to show up according to their eligibility.

Yes, let’s do this all over again. Let that pain in you arm be a reminder of your failed moral compass.

You mean communicated by the Florida Department of Health.

I don't really care that PH went (I got my first shot last Monday as a K-12 teacher in NC) but GD this thread is funny as hell.

UndePHeated is on the ropes.

You mean communicated by the Florida Department of Health.

Who wasn’t distributing the shots. This is FEMA. The federal guidelines are different than state guidelines. These guidelines change regularly. It makes no sense to ignore what’s actually happening to rely on reported guidelines.

It’s nuts that you all keep hammering away at weird gotcha points. I got the vaccine. I didn’t do anything dishonest. I’m sure that bothers some of you but your time will come soon enough. I understand that it makes people feel better to create a false narrative but that’s a shitty thing for you all to do.

Last edited:
Who wasn’t distributing the shots. This is FEMA. The federal guidelines are different than state guidelines. These guidelines change regularly. It makes no sense to ignore what’s actually happening to rely on reported guidelines.

It’s nuts that you all keep hammering away at weird gotcha points. I got the vaccine. I didn’t do anything dishonest. I’m sure that bothers some of you but your time will come soon enough. I understand that it makes people feel better to create a false narrative but that’s a shitty thing for you all to do.

As I understand it, FEMA is providing support to states to distribute the vaccine. (AIUI) FEMA does not have its own supply with its own rules. On the FEMA website it directs you to your local health department to determine if you are eligible for the locations they are supporting.

Wait. Ph now believes that there are separate federal eligibility requirements than state eligibility requirements if the vaccines are administered by FEMA?

Yes, because we already saw last week Biden announce a different set of standards regarding educators than DeSantis.

So now the story is that I'm a liar, cheater, and stupid? Nice work, guys. All class.

Last edited:
I am just glad you are all getting vaccinated. I believe by 4/15 the supply will be that anyone who wants a vaccine can get one. Hard to believe I know people who still refuse to do so.
It will be two weeks since my 2nd Moderna, this Thursday. Feel great. The honey got her first shot last week.
Time to get on the road in late April to see the Kids/Grandkids in California we haven't seen in well over a year. Happy Days!!!
Don't give a shit who gets/takes the credit but that we actually have a reasonably effective vaccine one year after this nightmare began is something we can all be thankful for.

Last edited:
Back