• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

And showing up told me it includes all educators. I showed my license and employee ID 3 or 4 times. Clearly that’s the actual policy.

giphy.gif

Cant begrudge anyone for taking a shot if it’s offered to them, but don’t try hide behind some “grey area” interpretation. You decided to go and see if they would bend the rules, and they did.

Probably because arguing with everyone who shows up who “almost” qualifies isn’t worth their time.

Last edited:
I’ve seen this happen with people at my work - everyone seems very happy to bend the rules / line (to the point of “just go there and tell them you work in the medical field” - we’re talking about pharma sales reps FFS)and it’s been quite surprising. I’d care more if there wasn’t a big supply ramp coming but man people are showing their true colors

giphy.gif

Cant begrudge anyone for taking a shot if it’s offered to them, but don’t try hide behind some “grey area” interpretation. You decided to go and see if they would bend the rules, and they did.

Probably because arguing with everyone who shows up who “almost” qualifies isn’t worth their time.

Should have done a points system designated off of a three criteria risk assessment of age, comorbidities, and likelihood of exposure. Total of your points classifies you when you can receive the vaccine. Instead we went completely political and every state do whatever, which means things like one state professors another state fuck liberal professors.

Really now that we have moved away from age and comorbidities and somehow trying to classify jobs as essential the sentences of, I am required to go to work everyday to complete my job and am exposed to others daily or if my job did not exist for the past year it is a huge detriment to society and my job needs to return to normal ASAP should apply, if not SHAME! SHAME!

Seems great until you realize half of Americans can't do basic math.

Y’all act like I showed up to the club with a fake ID. The question was “Are you an educator?”

No, they are acting like the criteria are clear are you are not eligible. You jumped the line. Just because the volunteers signing you in didn’t argue with you about it doesn’t change that.

Yeah, there’s even specific instructions to not question people’s criteria for getting vaccinated. It’s essentially the why don’t you enforce mask policies part two, not worth the argument and in this case the dose has already been allocated since the inception of the lie.

No, they are acting like the criteria are clear are you are not eligible. You jumped the line. Just because the volunteers signing you in didn’t argue with you about it doesn’t change that.

The criteria were clear. That's why educators with an ID got the vaccine. I didn't "jump the line." The FEMA staff and military who checked IDs didn't do me a favor. They followed the set guidelines.

I understand why you're jealous. We're all looking forward to getting this behind us. But don't act like I cheated for showing up and doing what I was told to do.

Yeah, there’s even specific instructions to not question people’s criteria for getting vaccinated. It’s essentially the why don’t you enforce mask policies part two, not worth the argument and in this case the dose has already been allocated since the inception of the lie.

What lie?

Y’all act like I showed up to the club with a fake ID. The question was “Are you an educator?”

You get your vaccine. Don’t let anyone begrudge you.

In a world where the ex-President got it in secret and your governor gave it (allegedly) to donors, you do what you can to get it.

The criteria were clear. That's why educators with an ID got the vaccine. I didn't "jump the line." The FEMA staff and military who checked IDs didn't do me a favor. They followed the set guidelines.

I understand why you're jealous. We're all looking forward to getting this behind us. But don't act like I cheated for showing up and doing what I was told to do.

Wow.

Holy shit- are you really going to argue I went to a Florida site instead of a FEMA site?

I want you to understand what's happening here. I giving you a first person account of how the rules were applied. I told you that plenty of others did the same thing. And you're claiming I cheated.

It's always interesting how much disdain there is for educators or a college sports message board.

Holy shit- are you really going to argue I went to a Florida site instead of a FEMA site?

I want you to understand what's happening here. I giving you a first person account of how the rules were applied. I told you that plenty of others did the same thing. And you're claiming I cheated.

It's always interesting how much disdain there is for educators or a college sports message board.

97f7ee12d86da715c1344c6662408fbc.jpg

Try again Professor.

If college educators were eligible in Florida why so many articles, statements from unions, etc.. after the new criteria was announced demanding they also be included? Then answer is because they weren’t but people decided they should be an acted accordingly. Hell if you’re a teacher under 50 you had to go to a federally run site because Florida still has such strict standards and only agreed to K-12 to appease Biden’s federal mandate for teachers.

The guidelines currently exclude university professors. That hasn't really been well communicated. The whole rollout has been a mess. I don't fault Ph for trying. Get those vaccines in arms and stop the fucking virus variants from running past the vaccine.

I fully support this Ph, and I may just drive down to Tampa later this week. The fact that colleges professors were excluded from DeSantis’ criteria after he made them go back into the class room with a bunch of 20 year old partying bar hoppers is bullshit. Y’all want your $70k investment to be worth it for your college age kids? Vaccinate the professors.

Back