• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cowherd busts ACC

What is your barometer for ACC v. SEC if you don't use head to head matchups?

The Peach Bowl?

I think SC goes undefeated
Garcia would have blown them one game before he got kicked off, but I do think they finish 11-1 and probably win the conference championship.

And the Clemson game being in Columbia really didn't matter. It was apparent who the better team was. It could've been in Columbia, Clemson, Miami, Pasadena, or Tokyo. SC's defense rattled Boyd and he looked shaken most of the game.

From yesterdays show.

Colin Cowherd was great on ESPN Radio today.Reply
He was talking about people who are mad that 2 SEC teams are in the MNC game. He said, "The 4 best defenses in the country are LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, and Georgia. And people say it's because SEC doesn't have great offenses. Really? If they don't have great offenses, how was LSU able to drag Oregon and West Virginia all over the field? How could South Carolina lose their QB and RB and still hang 34 points on Clemson?"

a caller, with a northern accent, then called in and said, "I think non-SEC get more than they deserve. The ACC champ couldn't beat the 4th best SEC team. South Carolina should be in a BCS game, not Clemson".

Then, Cowherd said, "Yeah, Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina."

Funny.

The Peach Bowl?

The final Appellate Court decision on the comined cheating cases by the SEC.

The Peach Bowl?

You missed the point. The barometer for ACC vs SEC is cumulative head-to-head which is about 269-131, SEC over ACC. That is the stat to use. Not an anecdote about this season's SC/Clemson game.

Let me guess...it sounded like this:

"Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina....Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina......"

I don't know how anyone listens to that show

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SkinsNDeacs again.

i can't stand when he makes that high pitch, shreiking, eeeehhhhhhhhh sound. he must do it every 3rd sentence when he's trying to think of what to say.

i remember a couple of years ago there was a story about how he blatantly ripped off another website and when they called him on it he basically said I work for BB&T and I'm better than you. i'll have to google it to find the whole story, but it came across incredibly douchey.

You missed the point. The barometer for ACC vs SEC is cumulative head-to-head which is about 269-131, SEC over ACC. That is the stat to use. Not an anecdote about this season's SC/Clemson game.

Cool, I gotcha now. Love that stat btw, I have some obnoxious Clemson fans who claim they would have won the SEC East this year.

:rolleyes:

Come on Diego. Its your biggest rival, its not like Wake not showing up for Vandy. That's just a dumb argument.

That being said, Cowherd is a fucking assclown.

It's really not though. Is beating scar important? Hell yes.....if dabo doesn't dart doing it will there be grumblings from the boosters? Hell yes. That said.....A conference championship and a BCS bowl trumps beating your rivalry and it's not even close.

Garcia would have blown them one game before he got kicked off, but I do think they finish 11-1 and probably win the conference championship.

And the Clemson game being in Columbia really didn't matter. It was apparent who the better team was. It could've been in Columbia, Clemson, Miami, Pasadena, or Tokyo. SC's defense rattled Boyd and he looked shaken most of the game.

Eh maybe.....scar struggled mightily with Navy.....I think GT beats them. VT and FSU also match up well.

It's really not though. Is beating scar important? Hell yes.....if dabo doesn't dart doing it will there be grumblings from the boosters? Hell yes. That said.....A conference championship and a BCS bowl trumps beating your rivalry and it's not even close.

I don't think the problem was that SCar was a trap game. SCar has won three in a row now. It isn't like it was a team y'all have dominated as of late in a lopsided rivalry.

Eh maybe.....scar struggled mightily with Navy.....I think GT beats them. VT and FSU also match up well.

It definitely wouldn't have mattered where that game was played. SC's defense is sick, no GT wouldn't beat them the way they were playing at the end of the year. They would beat Clemson 8 out of 10 times this season. Clemson has a shit-ton of talent, but they are young, and they are coached by a guy who only knows how to be an over emotional crazy person (nothing personal that's just how he coaches) All that is fantastic when your getting huge plays on special teams and missed assignments in the secondary giving up 50 yard touchdown passes (Watkins is a freak but the second half against VT is an example of his youth, when the secondary broke down he had a field day, not so much in the first half). Clemson is an emotion driven big play team this year. And when that doesn't happen they really struggle (See: GT game, NC St. game, SC game, shit the wake game too in a lot of ways). Against a defense as good as SC has its just not going to happen.

Last edited:

Ehh....given 5 days to gameplan for the triple option....I think we did a pretty good job containing them. Our defense is not designed to play the triple option. We don't see a triple option team every season like Clemson does. Plus do you really think our guys 'got up' to play Navy? Its not like playing your rival.

I do too. Give them Clemson's sched for this year and they'd roll the ACC.

Give them Auburn's schedule and they're 7-5 as well.

Scar is good......probably better than us, but to argue that when in the season the game is played and where doesn't matter is ridiculous. We proved we can hang with the middle of the sec when we ran all over Auburn.

You should never have trouble getting up for your rival, and I don't want to say that is the reason clemson looked flat, but the team that played scar and the team that played vt a week later were two completely different animals. The bowl games will help answer some of this debate.

NC State pounded Clemson, the week before SC did, by a larger margin. Does that make NC State better than the 4th best team in the SEC? Funny because NC State finished 4th in the ACC's Coastal division. Using one or two games to prop up an argument is stupid. Clemson also spotted Auburn a two touchdown lead, and then dropped 38 on them. Where was the SEC defense that day?

Give them Auburn's schedule and they're 7-5 as well.

Scar is good......probably better than us, but to argue that when in the season the game is played and where doesn't matter is ridiculous. We proved we can hang with the middle of the sec when we ran all over Auburn.

You should never have trouble getting up for your rival, and I don't want to say that is the reason clemson looked flat, but the team that played scar and the team that played vt a week later were two completely different animals. The bowl games will help answer some of this debate.

I think that is the initial point of the Hate from Cowherd.... If you took any of the top 4-5 teams in the SEC and put them in the ACC, they would win. If you put any of the top 2 ACC teams in the SEC, they would finish anywhere from 4-7.

Back