• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CPAC Welcomes French Right-Wing Extremist Marion Marechal-Le Pen

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
This year’s Conservative Political Action Conference boasts some big names and one distinctly international voice on their speakers list. Marion Marechal-Le Pen, niece of right-wing populist French politician Marine Le Pen, is set to speak on CPAC’s opening day one hour after Vice President Mike Pence is slated to give a speech. Marine Le Pen, who is the president of France’s National Front political party, got 33.9 percent of the vote in the country’s 2017 election. The party supports policies like significantly decreasing immigration and putting “native French” above those who are not. Marechal-Le Pen is also of the National Front and became France’s youngest MP in modern history in 2012, at the age of 22. Last year, she announced that she was leaving politics for “personal and political reasons,” but said she was “not giving up the political fight forever.” Chairman of the American Conservative Union Matt Schlapp defended Le Pen on Twitter, tweeting that she was more conservative than Mitt Romney and she is "a classical liberal, a conservative."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cpac-welcomes-french-right-wing-extremist-marion-marechal-le-pen

Well, Trump will use his next SC nomination for Richard Spencer.

God Bless Her!

Islamic States are not the route to Human Freedom

Haven't heard of Mona Charen prior to this but apparently she wrote:

Useful Idiots: How Liberals Got it Wrong in the Cold War and Still Blame America First (2003) and Do-Gooders: How Liberals Hurt Those They Claim to Help (and the Rest of Us) (2005),

Haven't heard of Mona Charen prior to this but apparently she wrote:

Useful Idiots: How Liberals Got it Wrong in the Cold War and Still Blame America First (2003) and Do-Gooders: How Liberals Hurt Those They Claim to Help (and the Rest of Us) (2005),

This highlights another big difference between conservatives and liberals.

If liberals were like conservatives, you’d see books titles like “National Redneck Association: Why Rural Whites Live by the Gun (and We Should Let Them Die by It)” or “Dumb Hicks: Why We Fly Over Them.”

But you don’t.

Schlapp and the rest of CPAC are a joke. Good for Steele.

Come on CPAC insulting Michael Steele due to his race and having the proud neo-Nazi Le Pen speak is 10000% the most basic components of the RW platform.

There are "many fine people" who are Neo-Nazis according to Trump.

Schlapp and the rest of CPAC are a joke. Good for Steele.

I'm as liberal as they come, but I like Michael Steele, he is a good guy. He's a throwback to a time in the not too distant past, at least before Gingrich, when members of parties could disagree and still be civil, and there was mutual respect. I give him credit for still being that guy and not losing his integrity like most of the conservative politicians and pundits.

Last edited:
He also orchestrated the GOP takeover of the House and Senate in 2010, but that doesn't count since he's black.

Last edited:
I'm as liberal as they come, but I like Michael Steele, he is a good guy. He's a throwback to a time in the not too distant past, at least before Gingrich, when members of parties could disagree and still be civil, and there was mutual respect. I give him credit for still being that guy and not losing his integrity like most of the conservative politicians and pundits.

Same. Wasn’t a fan a decade ago but he realizes the direction his party is going and called it out.

Geez. Schlapp spent the entire time trying to make sure Steele knew his place.

Last edited:
Back