• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CPI disrespects the Deacs

tvcigar

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
This isn't the newest commercial, but once again CPI won't put the Deacon in its mascot home security spots. The newest one even had the 49'er in it. BOOOOOOOO!!!!

More disrespect I'm telling you.

I think we stopped providing the Deacon for commercials after they didn't like one of the sports center spots

what's it smell like?
Musty.

It wasn't bad right after it got cleaned but otherwise we had two good heads we shared between four dudes and it only got cleaned like once a semester.

We split home football games by quarter so swapping into a sweaty deacon head was something. I know I was sweating pure booze for a noon kickoff in September which couldn't have helped.

Later season games it was nice to be warm tho.

It's almost as if there is another, more prominent, ACC private school also missing from the CPI commercials...

We always had two good heads, then a creepy one without a hat we used for deacon mom on parents weekend.

Usually four but think we had just three of us one semester.
did you do the random appearances at like grocery stores and on-campus events and stuff? what about other sports?

did you do the random appearances at like grocery stores and on-campus events and stuff? what about other sports?
Plenty of random on campus appearances for fundraisers or events which were fine. If it wasn't a university event we got $50 to appear for an hour. I did a few retirement and birthday parties. Loved getting a few bucks but an hour is too long to cruise around trying to interact with a group of 20-50 people without being able to talk and they never had anything planned for us, just show up and do your thing.

I did get to dress up as some of the Looney tunes characters when spectrum sponsored games. Was bugs bunny at a children's hospital and the tasmanian devil at a game. The tasmanian devil suit was way too small and the flap velcroed it between my legs came undone and guess it looked like a swinging nut sack for a while.

Sports wise we did all football games (one person traveled with the team for away games and bowl games), men's and women's basketball games (just one person did a basketball game), and then a handful of games a season for baseball, soccer, and field hockey.

Back