• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crab Kicked Off Team, Devin Suspended Two Games

Tuesday was the first time Hudson had played high since last year. It was by far his best game of the season. Lack of weed was killing his game.

Kind of sort of reminds me how Tiger quit playing good golf when he quit getting all that tail. Lack of strange killed Tiger's game one time he got that 5 iron upside his head and quit finding assorted Perkins women late at night. Hitting that fire hydrant then the tree jerked his back out of whack.

Donut Dan should have pulled out some RW quotes from his "Couldn't be happier" Bz days and asked Ron why the fans should believe anything he says.

Ya Boy Stan Cotten ‏@NotStanCotten 1h1 hour ago
SAD STAT OF THE DAY: Since 2008, 17 out of Wake's 26 basketball recruits have either transferred or gotten kicked off the team.

SAD STAT OF THE DAY: Since 2008, 17 out of Wake's 26 basketball recruits have either transferred or gotten kicked off the team.

Oh good. So we're bringing in about 1 player a year. That is just...unreal. Literally can't give away a Wake basketball scholarship right now.

:eek:

The dumpster fire has grown so large it may engulf the entire city of Winston-Salem

How about these gems?

"Everything that is going on is what winners build upon." -- Really, Ron? WTF are you smoking?

"This obviously is a fragile team." -- WONDERFUL. Can't wait for next year then.

"I'm (extremely) encouraged about our future." -- You'd be alone in that sentiment.

"I have great - TREMENDOUS - confidence in Danny and his staff...You look at that staff, and they know how to finish."-- Finish WHAT exactly, Ron? Consecutive losing seasons?

What's most disturbing to me is RW's glowing remarks about the coaching staff. Kudos to Dan Collins for asking a poignant question about the staff's inexperience and how much of a concern that is. RW's response was flooded with praise about each member of the staff, focusing on every human characteristic imaginable except one thing - COACHING. I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing how great a player Danny Manning was in college and the NBA. No one denies that. But let's get past that. It's history now. Focus on the present. Frankly, all I care about now is his ability to coach Wake basketball and get W's. And he ain't doing that.

This interview also ended very awkwardly. After the "promised land" comment by RW, I think the press was in shock/disbelief. Their muted reactions and grumbles say it all.

I miss Skip...

Maybe Wellman will sign Danny to an extension this summer and then we'll know it's only a few more months till Manning is fired.

Damn, get busy at work and can't check the board for a few hours and there's a 10 page thread about this. So, I guess it could get worse.

What struck me about the Wellman interview was how many talking points have been EXACTLY the same from year to year. For example, "we are a young team" (as in, for 6th straight year we are a young team) and how he gains confidence from what he sees is practice (how many straight years now have we been a great team in practice?). I felt like 90% of that interview could have been cut and pasted from the [name redacted] years.

He laments the youth of the team, although we were doing much better in the absence of our senior leader (who has for the most part been miserable and has literally thrown at least one game away).

I'll remove it. You should probably remove it from YouTube as well as that is where the link came from.

It has to be hosted somewhere, and I provided a link to the site with a short story and the video in this thread. Appreciate it. Thanks!

Watching that press conference was sickening. What Ron Wellman has gotten away with the last 6-7 years is borderline criminal. He has utterly destroyed Wake's major programs and "fractured" its fan base. He refuses to be honest and has taken zero responsibility for the putrid state of the Athletic Department. He has hung his hat on facilities that house losing programs. He has treated honorable men (Odom, Greer, Grobe) poorly and poor men honorably. He made arguably the worst basketball hire in the history of the Atlantic Coast Conference. He made this hire solely without any consultation and to date he has never taken responsibility for the [Redacted] disaster. He has hid under a cloak of "culture" when the culture over the last 6-7 years has been reprehensible - filled with off the court violations, drug use, multitudes of player transfers. Wellman continually pushes his donors to give 110% when he, personally, has coasted for a decade, rested on his laurels, and watched the programs ruin. He has taken die-hard, passionate alums and made them beyond apathetic about their school's teams. Quite simply, he has ruined the entire experience of following Wake athletics.

The only thing sadder is the Board of Trustees, Moricle Society clowns, and President who have enabled him to do so

It has to be hosted somewhere, and I provided a link to the site with a short story and the video in this thread. Appreciate it. Thanks!

No problem. Didn't see where you posted a link. I think you can set up YouTube where vids can't be embedded if you don't want people posting them on here. Otherwise, I think you should expect if you upload a WFU related vid to YouTube that it might get posted here. Has nothing to do with depriving your site of views or stealing your FREE vids.

No problem. Didn't see where you posted a link. I think you can set up YouTube where vids can't be embedded if you don't want people posting them on here. Otherwise, I think you should expect if you upload a WFU related vid to YouTube that it might get posted here. Has nothing to do with depriving your site of views or stealing your FREE vids.

Not to turn this into a pissing match, but it wasn't like you even stated where you got the video. I don't get paid on page views, but it's nice to have a little extra traffic, and I did do a service to Wake fans by making this free content instead of paid.

Regardless of where you get stuff, it's nice to say where it was procured unless you shot the video yourself. If you have even said, "Found this video on the Deacons Illustrated YouTube channel," I wouldn't have uttered a word.

I'm not sure how to set up a video where embedding is not allowed save for the ONE place I want to embed it (my site), and thought it was more important to get the video out for everyone than take time to figure that out. Again. . just trying to be a nice guy to Wake fans.

Not to turn this into a pissing match, but it wasn't like you even stated where you got the video. I don't get paid on page views, but it's nice to have a little extra traffic, and I did do a service to Wake fans by making this free content instead of paid.

Regardless of where you get stuff, it's nice to say where it was procured unless you shot the video yourself. If you have even said, "Found this video on the Deacons Illustrated YouTube channel," I wouldn't have uttered a word.

I'm not sure how to set up a video where embedding is not allowed save for the ONE place I want to embed it (my site), and thought it was more important to get the video out for everyone than take time to figure that out. Again. . just trying to be a nice guy to Wake fans.

No problem. I appreciate the vid. Hope it generates some traffic for you. Thanks for taking it.

So this has happened and we haven't even gotten to the off-season transfers-out stage yet. Nothing would shock me now. I can see the Greek going back to Greece, Collins getting out and Crawford looking around for a better climate.

If not already, Wake hoops is quickly heading into a four-alarm fire.

Forget BC....just ponder @Cameron now....108-51 possible.

Anyone wanting to see Moore get more playing time may have just had their wishes granted.

This is fun, right?

Wellman at the press conference today:
Rq0pnls.gif

Back