• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crooked hillary

Hillary is bad. Trump is a career thief and liar. He's stolen tens of millions of dollars and will continue to do so. The fact you are so blind to it is sad.

Perhaps Trump and Hillary's connections will unite both sides to do something about for-profit educational institutions, but I doubt it.

Perhaps Trump and Hillary's connections will unite both sides to do something about for-profit educational institutions, but I doubt it.

Let's do something about the out of control cost of not for profit schools first. They are the only thing that is out pacing healthcare in cost.

And making colleges "free" is not a solution.

The Massachusetts AG is vigorously pursuing for profit universities for unfair trade practice violations.

The Clinton's are all over it!

After Hillary Clinton became secretary of state, Bill Clinton received $17.6 million in payments from a for-profit university. Since that time, another organization with a connection to that university received almost $90 million in grants from an agency that's part of the State Department.

Let's do something about the out of control cost of not for profit schools first. They are the only thing that is out pacing healthcare in cost.

And making colleges "free" is not a solution.

Why can't we do both at the same time?

Sounds good. You are in the business.

Where to start?

For profits have quietly crashed. Rubio's favorite institute Corinithian went under along with Everest a few years back but even now Phoenix, Devry, ITT Tech, etc are struggling badly, closing locations and plundering towards penny stock territory

Even the legitimate college that Bernie Sanders' wife bankrupted closed. Future advice for anyone in education - don't get involved with families who have ambitions at the Presidency

Yeah. I'm hoping that the free market can show how deficient the for-profit model is and then Congress can pass some legislation to shut the door on whatever could rise up in their place.

knowell, the first thing I'd do for both is to mandate all higher education institutions meet some key benchmarks in order to take federal loan money. The most important would be to control the rate of tuition and room and board increases.

Yeah. I'm hoping that the free market can show how deficient the for-profit model is and then Congress can pass some legislation to shut the door on whatever could rise up in their place.

knowell, the first thing I'd do for both is to mandate all higher education institutions meet some key benchmarks in order to take federal loan money. The most important would be to control the rate of tuition and room and board increases.

Do you think there are to many "frills". Would a more bare bones approach to dorms and the like be helpful in controlling cost? What are the drivers of these costs? Surely it is not all professor pay?

Do you think there are to many "frills". Would a more bare bones approach to dorms and the like be helpful in controlling cost? What are the drivers of these costs? Surely it is not all professor pay?

The main driver is students. Students want frills. Students don't want bare bones dorms. I'm sure you follow the arms race in college sports. It's not just elite high school athletes who want the nicest facilities. Elite high school students want them as well.

And universities are judged by the quality of student who applies and attends (SAT scores, admission rates, etc), so they have to play along to get the best students.

The other big problem is states. State continue to fund lower and lower amounts of public education and pass on the costs to students.

Faculty pay hasn't increased at anywhere near the same rate as tuition. Some faculty are getting paid more on the high end, but schools are hiring more and more adjuncts who get paid relatively little. Administrative bloat, on the other hand, has increased dramatically, partially in response to student need for frills.

Last edited:
ChUpuRfW4AAgUwg.jpg

Perjury for essentially breaking a promise? IANAL but that seems like crazytalk.

Back